The motto of the Restylane brand sounds as follows: “Find your natural-looking beauty.” Indeed, this innovative brand of cosmetic injectables helps patients to rejuvenate their overall appearance in a natural-looking way. So, what exactly is Restylane? What ingredient is it based on? And, finally, how long should you wait for it to work? Well, go through the below-mentioned information to find answers to these questions right away!
What Is Restylane?
Restylane is a trademark of cosmetic injectables manufactured in Switzerland by Q-Med (a division of Galderma). It is characterized by high quality, safety, and effectiveness. The primary purpose of injectable treatment with the help of Restylane is to take care of visible signs of aging and, therefore, allow a patient to remain “young and beautiful” for as long as possible. Restylane can be purchased online, but only with a license.
What Dermal Fillers Does the Restylane Line Include?
The product line of Restylane consists of a wide range of unique dermal filler solutions (available both with the prefilled lidocaine and without it), such as:
- Restylane Refyne;
- Restylane Defyne;
- Restylane Contour;
- Restylane Lyft;
- Restylane Kysse;
- Restylane Silk;
- And other fillers.
Probably the universal dermal filler within the brand’s range is Restylane 1ml. But, unfortunately, it is pretty basic and has no specific indications (unlike other solutions mentioned above).
What Is the Main Ingredient in Restylane’s Composition?
The main ingredient in the composition of Restylane is synthetical hyaluronic acid. It functions as a substitution for a naturally occurring substance with powerful moisturizing qualities in the human body.
Hyaluronic acid is a precious component that keeps sub-dermal layers well-hydrated since it can increase natural collagen production (which usually slows down due to a natural aging process).
How Does Restylane Work?
- Under normal circumstances, the dermal filler treatment with the help of Restylane works as follows: Above anything else, a medical professional investigates the overall condition of a patient’s health to make sure that there are no contraindications to the Restylane treatment;
A safety note: If a patient is allergic to any component of Restylane, has serious health problems, undergoes laser treatments, or takes incompatible products (such as blood-thinning medications like Aspirin, vitamin E supplements, and so on), the procedure should not be performed.
- After making sure that a patient does not have any contraindications to the procedure, a medical professional might start to inject Restylane into the intended area of the treatment with the help of a fine gauge needle. If needed, a medical professional might also apply a topical anesthetic to reduce the feeling of the patient’s pain or discomfort;
A safety note: Restylane injections belong to professional cosmetic treatments that should be performed exclusively by certified healthcare providers.
- Patients might return to everyday activities as soon as the procedure is over.
A safety note: A patient should avoid excessive heat, unprotected sun exposure, and direct UV rays for at least 48 hours after the injection of Restylane. It will allow a patient to achieve this treatment’s desired results and promote skin health.
What Is Restylane Used For?
While belonging to hyaluronic acid-based products, Restylane treatments are primarily used to:
- Restore lost facial volume;
- Smooth mild to severe wrinkles, folds, and fine lines (for instance, frown wrinkles, nasolabial folds, or crow’s feet);
- Create subtle lip augmentation;
- And so on.
Apart from taking part in facial volume restoration, reducing lines and wrinkles, or augmenting lips, Restylane dermal fillers help a patient to prevent premature aging using accelerating the natural production of collagen.
Why does collagen matter? Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. It is responsible for keeping the skin firm and elastic. However, the older a person gets, the less collagen their skin produces, eventually leading to static and dynamic wrinkles.
Do Restylane Fillers Provide Immediate Results?
Any Restylane solution might be a gel-like filler that provides a patient with immediate and instantly-visible results. In some cases, however, they reach their maximum within one to two weeks after the injection.
For instance, Restylane Lyft treatment primarily aims to correct deep wrinkles in the mid-face and augment cheeks. The dermal filler formula will “fill in” the wrinkles as soon as the product gets injected into the deep dermis of a patient. However, the final results of cheek injections will probably get apparent several days after the procedure.
How Long Do the Results of Restylane Last?
Despite being regarded as a long-lasting treatment, each particular filler of the Restylane brand is non-permanent. Depending on a patient’s peculiarities (such as skin type, age, or even their healthy habits) and how a patient’s body responds to the product, the results from Restylane filler injections might last from several months to a couple of years.
Moreover, they might be substantially prolonged if a patient adheres to these simple after-treatment rules:
- Avoidance of tanning beds and UV rays;
- Regular application of a sunscreen cream to the injection site;
- Routine hydration procedures, peelings, and other cosmetic treatments;
- Individually selected skincare (which is usually done during the consultation appointment with a certified dermatologist);
Also, periodical touch-up treatments will help keep the result of Restylane visible for as long as possible.
All in all, any Restylane product is the right filler for those who are looking for immediate and long-lasting results. It is used to instantly reduce wrinkles and restore the overall volume loss for a substantial time period. So, how about giving it a try and achieving your aesthetic goals?