Hair dying become a pivotal part of a person after an age as they start to get grey hair. Everybody wants to look young and dying the grey hair is the obvious option left.
There are several options in the market when it comes to dying the hair. But most of them contain very strong chemicals especially ammonia which is absolutely damaging to the hair. Therefore people like to turn to more and more natural dyes for dying hair.
Coffee is very good natural dye. It is any day cheaper than any of the other dyes and the best part is that it does not damage the hair. Apart from that coffee dye tenders a shiny as well as healthy hair.
Also Read – 8 Ways Caffeine can Give You a Beauty Boost Here
Here are a few DIY recipes to dye your hair with coffee.
- Instant coffee granules – 1 tablespoon
- Instant or brewed hot coffee – 1/4 cup
- A large bottle conditioner
- A plastic bag
- Applicator brush
Take a bowl and pour about half a cup of conditioner, into it add a tablespoon of instant coffee granules. Mix it until the coffee is completely blended well. Next take one tablespoon of instant coffee in a bowl and add hot water of about 1/4 cup into it. Next pour in 1/4 cup of instant coffee into the conditioner and coffee mix and stir it until the whole mixture is well blended. Leave it to settle for five minutes.
Now take an old towel and place it around your shoulders to avoid staining your clothes. Take an applicator brush and scoop out the coffee dye mixture and apply it over your hair layer by layer. Check the consistency and make sure it is not too watery or else it will drip on to your face or floor. Apply the dye on your hair completely until all the area is covered. Massage it gently for a couple of minutes. Now take the plastic bag and wrap it around your head and tie the ends to secure the cover. This tying will help the coffee dye to develop faster. Leave this dye on your hair for about fifteen minutes to half an hour. Wash your hair off using a shampoo to get rid of the extra coffee. That’s it your hair will be dyed and will also impart a healthy shine.
Here is another simpler version of the above mentioned coffee dye
3-4 Tbsp. of organic instant coffee
1/2 cup conditioner
Simply mix both the ingredients until the coffee dissolves completely. Then apply it on the hair just the way mentioned previously and leave for an hour and then wash off.
- Make sure the coffee is not hot or else you will burn your scalp badly. Always test the temperature before applying.
- Make sure the hair is not bleached in the near past.
- This dyes results are best on brunettes as well as redheads. It is not really recommended for people with light colored hair.
- The amount of coffee required to dye your hair completely depends upon the length of your hair therefore you can increase the quantity as per requirement.
- To cover the grey hair you will need to try this for two days, and then the results would be satisfying.
- You will require dyeing your hair once a week to maintain the color.
- If you want the color to last for many days, then you can also mix henna into it.
Benefits of dying your hair with coffee
- Dying your hair with coffee is really simple, easy as well as cheap.
- This is a natural dye that seldom has any kind of chemicals in it and to doubly make sure about that you can use organic coffee.
- It takes very less time too.
Also Read – Why should you use ammonia free hair color? Here