Bored of your regular body butter? Want to try something new this summer? Here you go, girl! Learn some exclusive recipes of body butter that are absolutely free of harmful chemicals and synthetic fragrances and are quite rich in one of the most vital nutrients i.e. magnesium. The homemade rich magnesium body butter is soothing, calming and above all de-stressing. Go, give it a try:
DIY: Homemade Magnesium Body Butter Recipes
- Magnesium Flakes – 1 cup
- Unrefined coconut oil – (1/2) cup
- Shea butter – 6 tablespoons
- Emulsifying wax – 2 tablespoons
- Boiling water – 6 tablespoons
- Plain water (at room temperature) – 2 cups
Also Read – Coconut Oil Body Butter Recipes Here
- In a small bowl, put the magnesium flakes first and then, pour boiling water onto it. Keep stirring with a spoon until the magnesium gets dissolved into the water completely and a thick liquid is formed. Place the bowl aside to let it cool down.
- Take a double boiler for melting the coconut oil and emulsifying wax. Otherwise, pour plain water into a container and put it over medium heat. Now, put emulsifying wax, shea butter and unrefined coconut oil in a small bowl and place it onto the water in the container.
- Once all the ingredients in the bowl are melted and mixed well, keep it aside so that the mixture reaches the room temperature gradually.
- Pour the wax mixture into a blender and start blending at a low speed. Meanwhile, add the magnesium mixture to it very slowly (preferably one drop at a time). Keep blending until the entire magnesium mixture is added to the wax mixture. Also, make sure that everything is combined well.
- Transfer the blend to a glass jar and put it inside the refrigerator. After 15 minutes or so, take the jar out and re-blend the body butter to give it the perfect silky smooth consistency. It can be used up to 2 months at a stretch.
[Note: Instead of using magnesium flakes and boiling water, you can use (1/2) cup commercial magnesium oil in this recipe. The emulsifying wax can also be replaced with beeswax, but it will turn the task of mixing a bit difficult.]
Also Read – Pamper your skin with Homemade Body Butter Here
- Magnesium oil – (1/2) cup
- Organic extra virgin coconut oil – 1 cup
- Cocoa butter – 1 cup
- Essential oils – 20-30 drops each
- Carrier oil – (1/2) cup
- Start with melting the organic extra virgin coconut oil and cocoa butter. Just like the previous method, you can either use a double boiler or put both the ingredients in a small bowl to keep it inside a medium-sized pan filled (1/4)th with water.
- Place the pan over medium heat and wait until the coconut oil and cocoa butter get melted totally. They should form a smooth liquid mixture with no lump in it. Now, take the pan out of the heat.
- Add magnesium oil and carrier oil to the mixture and stir with a spoon to blend them properly. Set the pan aside to cool down.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and start blending at a low speed. Meanwhile, add essential oils to it very slowly. Keep blending until everything is combined well and the body butter turns light, silky, smooth and fluffy.
- Shift it to an air-tight glass jar and put it inside the refrigerator. It can be used up to 6 months at a stretch.
[Note: Either purchase a branded magnesium oil or simply go for your DIY version. Use 3-4 essential oils of your choice. However, lavender, orange, frankincense, bergamot, cederwood, etc. are better choices than others. Similarly, fractionated coconut oil will make a good carrier for them.]
Tips & Tricks:
- While unrefined or organic extra virgin coconut oil is considered as the best choice for homemade magnesium body butter, it can also be replaced with avocado oil as the latter has been found to have almost similar effects on our skin.
- For some extra nourishment and luxurious feel, add almond oil along with coconut oil.
- Your homemade magnesium body butter might not be that smooth on your skin during your very first apply, but it will melt as well as get absorbed into the skin fast as you will massage it liberally.
Also Read – 3 DIY Coconut Oil Body Wash Recipes – Experience The Ultimate Homemade Luxury! Here
Benefits Of Homemade Magnesium Body Butter
We know that the shelves of your favorite beauty store are full of attractive jars of body butter and it is really hard for you to control the temptation of picking one of them while walking through the aisle. But true me ladies, magnesium has its own set of benefits and you can definitely not ignore them. Here are the amazing benefits of your homemade magnesium body butter:
- It works as an excellent natural stress buster by alleviating all signs of tension and anxiety.
- It goes deep into the skin and nourishes it from inside, thereby invigorating our skin perfectly.
- It facilitates trans-dermal intake of magnesium, which is extremely effective in eliminating the mineral deficiency and preventing a number of ailments including cramp, headache, migraine, arthritis, colds and flu, insomnia, hair loss, etc.
So are you ready to pamper your skin with magnesium in the form of luscious body butter?
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2, 3