Oily skin means clogged pores, pesky breakouts, an unattractive look, and so much more. But above all, oily skin means too much shine. If you are a woman with oily skin, you must know how annoying that shine is and how tough it is to deal with daily issues. A compact powder can turn out to be your savior in such situations. Dabbing it on your skin will make you look glowing by absorbing all the excess oil and sealing the foundation and sunscreen, which otherwise tend to leave your face greasy. Hence, here is the list of the best five compact powders for oily skin.
Choosing Compact Powders For Oily Skin
While planning to buy the perfect compact powder for your oily skin, make sure that you keep the following tips in mind:
- Test it on your cheeks, jawbones, or neck before you decide on a shade. Testing a compact on your arms will never give you the right results.
- Always pick a compact powder that exactly matches your skin tone. Trying to go lighter than the actual tone will give you a very artificial whitewashed look.
- If you have a fair complexion, choose a yellow-based compact powder. A medium skin tone will need a product that has an orange undertone, as it will be neither dark nor light. The best choice will be a compact with a copper-colored undertone for tanned skin. If you have dark skin, choose a highly pigmented compact powder that will neutralize the gray undertone of your skin perfectly.
- Since you have oily skin, opt for a lightweight and water-based foundation and pick a compact compatible with it.
- If you want to go without foundation, use a tinted moisturizer with SPF or mix it with your go-to sunscreen. The shade of your compact powder must complement your moisturized look for a smooth finish.
Top 5 Compact Powders For Oily Skin
1. Lakme 9 to 5 Flawless Matte Complexion Compact
The Lakme 9 to 5 Flawless Matte Complexion Compact is a unique oil-absorbing formula that gives you a fresh, matte, and flawless look throughout the day. Infused with vitamin E, it nourishes and conditions your skin, giving it a radiant look with a smooth powder finish. The product has a compressed texture that easily blends into the skin and even works as a concealer by hiding spots and freckles. It is available in 3 distinct shades (suitable for most Indian skin tones), including melon matte, apricot matte, and almond matte, giving you an excellent range to pick your nearest shade.
The handy compact has a mirror and a soft sponge for easy application. While their ‘9 to 5 shine control’ claim may not be valid, it does control the shine for a good 4-5 hours. So, if you are looking for an all-day mattifying compact for workwear, this product, indeed, gives you an ideal even-toned appearance and enhances your beauty to a great extent.
Price: Rs. 450 for 8 g.
2. Rimmel London Stay Matte Long-Lasting Pressed Powder
The Rimmel London Stay Matte Long-Lasting Pressed Powder is a dermatologically-tested compact that suits all skin types, though women with oily skin find it exclusively beneficial. It contains natural shine-control minerals that help your face remain matte for 5 hours.
Being non-comedogenic, the product also helps in minimizing the appearance of pores. However, one of the most significant advantages of going in for this compact is that it comes in multiple shades of perfect coverage, including transparent, sandstorm, silky beige, warm beige, warm honey, mohair, cashmere, and amber.
Price: Rs. 1499 for 8.5 g.
3. Maybelline New York Dream Matte Pressed Powder
The Maybelline New York Dream Matte Pressed Powder has a light and dry texture that makes the blending easy for amateurs and gives an even-toned look with zero shine or chalkiness. The jet-milled formula contains ultra-fine particles to instantly provide the skin with air-soft and silky-smooth appearance. It helps you remain oil-free all day if you have moderately oily skin. For very oily skin, you might need a touch-up in between.
The fragrance-free, mattifying powder comes in four shades, medium beige, light cream, medium honey, and medium sand, to suit all skin tones perfectly. It also comes with a leather finish and suede touch puff to ensure a gorgeous matte look with a velvety glow.
Price: Rs. 475 for 9 g.
4. L’Oreal Paris True Match Powder
The L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder claims to match the color and tone of skin perfectly to give a flawless finish. It has an oil-free formula that glides effortlessly on the skin and improves oily skin texture significantly while keeping shine at bay.
The fine, soft, lightweight powder blends seamlessly for a natural finish and offers full coverage for acne scars and fine lines. In addition, it is non-comedogenic and comes in lovely, warm tones that suit Indian skin tones. You can choose from beige, rose beige, golden beige, honey, rose vanilla, cannelle cinnamon, and golden sand.
Price: Rs. 999 for 9 g.
5. MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder
This is a go-to choice for many women seeking the perfect compact. If budget is not a concern, the MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder stands out as an ideal option. It’s a lightweight, translucent pressed powder that effectively mattifies even the oiliest skin, providing a flawless finish. Crafted from micro-fine particles, this product delivers a sheer and silky texture with a soft-focus effect, allowing the skin’s natural vibrancy to shine through. It ensures complete coverage while preserving your natural skin tone.
With 13 distinct shades, you can explore them at your nearest MAC store to find the one that complements your skin tone best. Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested, this non-acnegenic product even comes with its suede-finish sponge.
Price: Rs. 1,810 for 12 g.