Oily skin means clogged pores, pesky breakouts, an unattractive look, and so much more. But above all, oily skin means too much shine. If you are a woman with oily skin, you must know how annoying that shine is and how tough it is to deal with daily issues. A compact powder can turn out to be your savior in such situations. Dabbing it on your skin will not only make you look glowing by absorbing all the excess oil but also seal the foundation and sunscreen in, which otherwise tend to leave your face greasy. Hence, here is the list of the best 5 compact powders for oily skin.
Choosing Compact Powders For Oily Skin
While planning to buy the perfect compact powder for your oily skin, make sure that you keep the following tips in mind:
- Test it on your cheeks, jawbones, or neck before you decide on a shade. Testing a compact on your arms will never give you the right results.
- Always pick a compact powder that exactly matches your skin tone. Trying to go lighter than the actual tone will give you a very artificial whitewashed look.
- If you have a fair complexion, choose a yellow-based compact powder. A medium skin tone will need a product that has an orange undertone as it will be neither dark nor light. The best choice will be a compact with a copper-colored undertone for tanned skin. If you have dark skin, choose a highly pigmented compact powder that will neutralize the gray undertone of your skin perfectly.
- Since you have oily skin, opt for a lightweight and water-based foundation and pick a compact compatible with it.
- If you want to go without foundation, use a tinted moisturizer with SPF or mix it with your go-to sunscreen. The shade of your compact powder must complement your moisturized look for a smooth finish.
Top 5 Compact Powders For Oily Skin
1. Lakme 9 to 5 Flawless Matte Complexion Compact
The Lakme 9 to 5 Flawless Matte Complexion Compact is a unique oil-absorbing formula that gives you a fresh, matte, and flawless look throughout the day. Infused with vitamin E, it nourishes and conditions your skin to give it a radiant look with a smooth powder finish. The product has a compressed texture that easily blends into the skin and even works as a concealer by hiding spots and freckles. It is available in 3 distinct shades (suitable for most Indian skin tones), including melon matte, apricot matte, and almond matte, giving you an excellent range to pick your nearest shade from.
The handy compact comes with a mirror and a soft sponge for easy application. While their ‘9 to 5 shine control’ claim may not be true, it does control the shine for a good 4-5 hours. So if you are looking for an all-day mattifying compact for workwear, it is the perfect pick. This product, indeed, gives you an ideal even-toned appearance and enhances your beauty to a great extent.
Price: Rs. 500 for 8 g.
2. Rimmel London Stay Matte Long-Lasting Pressed Powder
The Rimmel London Stay Matte Long-Lasting Pressed Powder is a dermatologically-tested compact that suits all skin types, though women with oily skin find it exclusively beneficial. It contains natural shine-control minerals that help your face remain matte for a good 5 hours.
Being non-comedogenic, the product also helps in minimizing the appearance of pores. However, one of the most significant advantages of going in for this compact is that it comes in multiple shades of perfect coverage, including transparent, sandstorm, silky beige, warm beige, warm honey, mohair, cashmere, and amber.
Price: Rs. 450 for 14 g.
3. Maybelline New York Dream Matte Pressed Powder
The Maybelline New York Dream Matte Pressed Powder has a light and dry texture that makes the blending super easy even for the amateurs and gives an even-toned look with zero shine or chalkiness. The jet-milled formula contains ultra-fine particles to instantly provide the skin with an air-soft and silky smooth appearance. It helps you remain oil-free all day if you have moderately oily skin. For very oily skin, you might need a touch-up in between.
The fragrance-free, mattifying powder comes in four different shades, such as medium beige, light cream, medium honey, and medium sand, to suit all skin tones perfectly. It also comes with a leather-finish, suede-touch puff to ensure a gorgeous matte look with a velvety glow.
Price: Rs. 475 for 9 g.
4. L’Oreal Paris True Match Powder
The L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder claims to match the color and tone of skin perfectly to give a flawless finish. It has an oil-free formula that glides effortlessly on the skin and improves oily skin texture significantly while keeping shine at bay.
The fine, soft, and lightweight powder blends seamlessly for a natural finish and simultaneously offers full coverage for acne scars and fine lines. In addition, it is non-comedogenic and comes in nice warm tones that suit Indian skin tones. The tones that you can choose from are beige, rose beige, golden beige, honey, rose vanilla, cannelle cinnamon, and golden sand.
Price: Rs. 799 for 9 g.
5. MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder
This is the holy grail compact for many women. If the price does not come in the way of choosing, the MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder should be the ideal compact to pick. It is a lightweight, translucent pressed powder that makes even the oiliest skin look matte and flawless. Made from micro-fine particles, this product provides a sheer and silky finish with a soft-focus effect, allowing the natural vitality and freshness of the skin to glow through. It also offers complete coverage while keeping your natural skin tone intact.
The compact comes in 13 unique shades, which you can first try at your closest MAC store and pick one to suit your skin tone the best. It is known to be tested both dermatologically as well as ophthalmologically. The non-acnegenic product comes with its suede-finish sponge too.
Price: Rs. 1,810 for 12 g.