Thick, long, and fluttering eyelashes give our eyes a dramatic look by making them stand out easily. But we are hardly blessed with such gorgeous eyelashes. Here comes the importance of tricky eye makeup or natural home remedies or other simple ways that can help us get long and lush eyelashes. Read on to know more about the ways to get thicker lashes.
8 Simple Ways To Get Thicker Lashes
1. Apply Mascara Like A Pro
- Start with curling your lashes with an eyelash curler. As you are trying to make your lashes thicker, cover them with one or two coats of primer to avoid clumping before getting into the main job.
- Choose a cream-based mascara for obtaining killer fat lashes. Beginning from the base of your lashes, twist the wand a little back and forth and then move it through their edges. You need to apply at least 2-3 coats with a drying time of 2 minutes between them.
- Make sure that you brush the upper section of your eyelashes after each coat dries. Doing it with an eyelash comb will create a ‘feathery’ effect, which will eventually make the lashes appear thicker.
- For mega-thick eyelashes, you should grip the mascara wand straight up and swipe it from internal to external corner of your lower lashes.
Also Read – Can Fake Eyelashes Cause Eye Infection? Here
2. Get A Pair Of Falsies
- Wearing falsies can give you a more dramatic look by making your actual eye lashes appear voluminous. However, always buy false lashes that are well-manicured and glue them to your lash lines perfectly.
- It is better to use a good quality adhesive instead of the one that comes with the fake eye lash kits. It will help the falsies stay still in their places for long, thereby offering you an amazing lashed-out look.
3. Try Eyelash Extensions
- If false eyelashes are not your cup of tea, go for eyelash extensions. In this method, artificial lashes (available in small strips or sections) are placed in between the actual lashes of a person. The result can last up to a few weeks.
- Always lie on your back while sleeping with your eyelash extensions on. Also, carefully brush them out every single day. These would prevent tangling, thereby improving the life of your fatter lashes.
Also Read – How To Grow Longer Eyelashes Naturally Here
4. Use Eyelash Growth Serum
- There are several go-to serums in the market which can be used for enhancing the growth and thickness of our original eyelashes. They contain essential vitamins and other nutrients to make the lashes strong and healthy, which can eventually turn them rich and lush.
- You can also prepare your own eyelash growth serum at home. Just pour 1 teaspoon of castor oil into a empty and clean mascara bottle. Add 2-3 drops of lavender and cedarwood essential oils to it and shake very well. Apply this serum on your lashes every night so that the follicles get nourished by the castor oil and the growth of the hair gets promoted by the essential oils.
Also Read – 6 Different Winged Eyeliner Styles You Need To Master Here
5. Consume Right Nutrients
- If you want to grow your eyelashes thicker in a natural way, focus on your food consumption. Instead of taking readily available food supplements, live on a well-balanced diet to support the healthy growth of lashes and avert their fall naturally.
- You must take ample amount of proteins (fish, egg, poultry, lean meat, milk, cheese, etc.) and healthy fats (olive oil, sunflower seeds, avocado, almond, etc.) to get beautiful lashes.
- Include lots of fresh fruits (citrus fruits, apple, guava, strawberry, blueberry, cranberry, etc.) and vegetables (green leafy veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, tomato, peas, Brussel sprouts, etc.) in your daily diet to thicken up your eyelashes naturally.
- Increase your vitamin intake as much as possible. It has been found that vitamin H or biotin-rich foods can lead to lesser eyelash fall out. Hence, consume plenty of carrots, legumes, bananas, egg yolks, mushrooms, and so on. Biotins supplements, which are readily available in the market, can also ensure the growth of healthy hair on your eyelashes as well as your scalp.
6. Try Effective Home Remedies
- Add a drop of essential oil of your choice (lavender / rosemary / rosehip / neem) to a few drops of castor oil and apply the mixture to your lash lines every night by using a Q-tip.
- Mix castor oil and olive oil 1-2 drops each and apply the oil blend to your lash lines with a Q-tip before going to bed.
- Peel off a fresh lemon, cut them into small pieces, and soak in (1/4) cup of olive oil or castor oil for 2-3 days. Apply this oil to your eyelashes every night.
- Scoop the gel out of a piece of fresh aloe vera leaf and apply it along your lash lines. Leave it on overnight and wash in the morning.
- Soak 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves in a cup of hot water and apply the infused water to your lashes once it cools down completely.
- Apply pure petroleum jelly to your eyelashes and leave overnight.
Also Read – ‘Floating Eyeliner’ – Are You Game For It? Here
7. Change Your Makeup Habits
- Stop using expired eye makeup products, like mascara, eye liner, etc.
- Stay away from applying waterproof mascara over and over again.
- Make it a point to remove your eye makeup with a mild makeup remover before sleeping.
- While removing eye makeup, be extremely gentle and cautious to avoid damages.
8. Take Care Of Your Lashes
- Stop crash dieting to become skinny as it will take a toll on the growth of your eyelashes too. Regular workout also indirectly helps in making your lashes beautiful. In short, it is important to be healthy in order to get healthy lashes.
- Brush your lashes twice every day by using an old and clean mascara wand. This will enhance the circulation of blood and distribute the natural oils evenly throughout the roots of the lashes.
- Give your eyelids and your lash lines a gentle massage every day with the tips of your ring fingers. This will stimulate the growth of lashes by enhancing the flow of blood significantly.
- Trimming (1/4)th of the eyelashes every 2-3 months under the supervision of an expert can make them grow faster.
Love your eyelashes just like you love your hair and they will grow beautifully. Just be regular with your routine and follow the tips religiously. Your patience will be worth it!
Also Read – Home Remedies For Eyelid Cysts Here