Figuring out the perfect foundation for your skin type can be the trickiest part of your makeup routine, yet it’s also the most crucial one. If you use a sheer or a semi-translucent foundation, then the fear of not getting ample coverage on dark circles and fine lines might keep bothering you. On the other hand, a full-coverage foundation always leaves you anxious about looking cakey.
Don’t fret! The correct foundation formula that gives you high coverage and stays put throughout the day while keeping your makeup looking all-natural is not that difficult to find.
There is a whole range of genius foundation formulations that come in a wide range of colors and textures. But, first, you need to find what works best for you. We have compiled a list of the 12 best high coverage foundations to give you a perfect airbrushed look in minutes.
Prep the Skin
Before you get started on the topic of which foundation to choose and how to apply it, let’s learn about the importance of prepping the skin. First, always cleanse, moisturize and use sunscreen before applying the foundation. Next, apply a good primer. It will help smoothen the skin and make your foundation stay longer. These steps also help you get a dewy look.
Using the Right Technique
Beauty experts believe that how you apply your foundation determines the final look of your skin. To achieve a flawless look, apply foundation with the help of a good brush to blend it seamlessly. Always brush down the face in the direction of your facial hair. To finish off your base makeup, use a sheer finish pressed powder, and you are good for the day.
If you love to use your fingers while doing the makeup, don’t forget to blend your foundation smoothly, covering the entire face.
12 Best High-Coverage Foundations
Always choose the foundation according to your skin type. Those with oily or combination skin need a foundation that will give them a matte look with less shine. Dry skin people need a foundation that comes loaded with extra hydration so that their skin doesn’t feel parched at the end of the day. Here is a list of the 10 best high coverage foundations that will not only hide all your imperfections like a pro but will also help you appear photo-ready without getting cakey.
1. BareMinerals BarePro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation SPF 20
If you aren’t a fan of heavy, caked-on makeup but still want something that gives you good coverage, BareMinerals BarePro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation SPF 20 should be your choice. It evens out your complexion and also comes with SPF 20.
- This is a high-coverage foundation that helps blur imperfections and pores without clogging them.
- It comes with a mineral lock long-wear technology that blends mineral pigments with lipids naturally found in the skin. This means that your makeup stays fresh and natural throughout the day.
- It is transfer-resistant and comes in 35 colors.
- It is water-resistant and smudge-proof.
Price: $35 for 30 ml
2. Becca Cosmetics Ultimate Coverage 24 Hour Foundation
As the name suggests, this high coverage foundation is known for its longevity.
- This is a long-wearing foundation that gives you a matte finish.
- It is formulated using a high content of pigment and water that works well in covering up blemishes, uneven skin tone, and discoloration.
- It gives you a velvety smooth complexion.
Price: $31.30 for 30 ml
3. L’Oreal Paris Makeup Infallible Up to 24 Hour Fresh Wear Foundation
Looking for a budget full-coverage foundation that gives you a natural look? Look no further than this winner from L’Oreal.
- This gives you medium to full coverage that is buildable but doesn’t leave you looking cakey.
- It gives a matte look with a velvety texture that is at par with the finish of expensive brands.
- It works well for those with oily skin as it comes with a creamy formula that absorbs extra oil and keeps the shine away.
- Comes in 30 shades
Price: $11.99/ 30 ml
4. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
The world of foundations changed forever after Rihanna introduced this bombshell. Its high coverage, soft matte finish, and huge range of shades have made it a cult favorite.
- It is a long-wearing foundation with buildable coverage that still manages to give you a soft matte finish.
- It has an oil-free formula and works extremely well for those with acne-prone skin.
- It keeps the shine away and doesn’t clog the pores.
- It comes in whopping 50 shades, which means there is one for everyone.
Price: $36 for 32 ml
5. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation
The name only suggests that this high-coverage formula is one of the easiest to blend foundations available in the market.
- It gives you a perfectly natural finish with even and fresh-looking skin.
- It covers redness and blemishes on the skin.
- It works well on oily skin, too, and stays in place throughout the day.
Price: $43 for 1.01 oz
6. Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation SPF 30
This is a true full-coverage solution for all skin types, tones, and conditions.
- A single layer of this foundation gives the ultimate full coverage on any types of blemishes and marks, including tattoos, scars, or birthmarks.
- It gives you a natural-looking smooth finish.
- However, because of its extremely high coverage, it can make you look a bit masked up. So, keep it for special occasions when you’re truly looking for full coverage.
Price: $39 for 28 g
7. Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer
This is a best-selling drugstore foundation that is a true multi-tasker as it gives full coverage and acts as a concealer.
It provides full matte coverage in a single stroke and lasts for the whole day.
- It has a concealer in it, so you don’t need to spend time and money on two things.
- It gives a natural, flawless complexion and comes in 45 different shades.
- It is water-resistant, oil-free, and works well on all skin types.
Price: $9.99 for 30 ml
8. Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15
As the name suggests, this is a medium to high coverage foundation that is so light that you wouldn’t even feel anything sitting on the skin.
- A single-layer application of this product gives you medium coverage, but if you’re looking for something more, you can build on it.
- It is incredibly light and doesn’t end up looking like a mask.
- It also absorbs extra oil from the skin and keeps the shine away.
- It gives a dewy look and works well for those not looking for a matte look.
Price: USD 52.55 for 1 Oz
9. Huda Beauty #FauxFilter Foundation
Any foundation list isn’t complete without the mention of this Instagram sensation.
- It gives you a super high coverage but doesn’t end up looking cakey at all.
- Even if you have blemishes and hyperpigmentation that need a good amount of concealing, you don’t need to build up on this foundation. A single stroke of this is more than enough.
- It blends seamlessly and is water-resistant.
- Once set, it will not budge the whole day and can outlast many other rivals in this category.
- The only con is that it has a slight fragrance.
10. Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3-In-1 Foundation SPF 20
The Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3-In-1 foundation is a medium-to-heavy coverage foundation that lives up to its claims.
- It claims to be a unique 3-in-1 product that holds like a primer by creating a smooth base, corrects like a concealer to create a flawless look, and gives a long-lasting finish just like a good liquid foundation.
- When blended nicely, it offers high coverage.
- It has SPF 20 for added sun protection.
- The foundation comes in 14 shades.
Price: $11.84 for 1.06 ounces
11. Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Effect Makeup
Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Effect Makeup comes with a revolutionary formula with light-filtering technology that blends into the skin, conceals flaws, prevents the secretion of extra sebum, hydrates the skin, and gives an airbrushed look.
- It has been refined with soft-focus pigments to create a flawless, luminous finish without being too shimmery.
- The foundation offers medium to high coverage with a natural finish.
- It comes with SPF 20 and is available in 12 high-resolution shades.
Price: $11.81 for 30 ml
12. Bourjois Paris 123 Perfect Foundation
The Bourjois Paris 123 Perfect Foundation comes with a non-comedogenic formula that gives your skin a radiant complexion that can last throughout the day.
- It comprises three color-correcting pigments: ‘yellow anti-dark circle’ pigments (which conceal dark circles and give you a rested look), ‘mauve anti-dull complexion’ pigments (which take care of dullness and add radiance to the skin), and ‘green anti-redness’ pigments (which neutralize redness for an even complexion).
- This gives you an even-tone complexion that stays put for up to 16 hours.
- The cotton flower extract in the foundation keeps the skin hydrated for 24 hours without making it shiny.
- It also comes with SPF 10 and provides a smooth, second-skin-like finish.
- It is available in 9 shades.
Price: $12 for 1 ounce