You have something precious: yearning constantly to get pampered! It is none other than your skin! The most sensitive organ in the body needs a lot of care. Therefore, you need to take utmost care of your skin when exposed to innumerable problems, from mild bruises to severe irreversible skin conditions. Adding essential oils to your skincare routine pampers your skin, prevents skin diseases, improves skin tone, keeps your skin healthy and young, and many more!!! Here is the list of the top 10 essential skincare oils and how to pamper your skin!
1. Lavender Oil
When you think about essential oils, you can’t ignore lavender oil. Lavender is perhaps one of the sweetest and most soothing aromas you can experience. The mesmeric aroma of lavender oil provides wondrous benefits to the skin. In addition, lavender oil is rich in antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Applying the lavender oil speeds up the process of healing of wounds and bruises. It treats and prevents scarring, reduces the inflammation caused due to acne. (1)
How to use lavender oil?
- Apply a few drops of lavender oil on a cotton ball to the acne, bruises, wounds, and scars.
- Apply directly using a cotton ball on the wrinkled spots to ease away the wrinkles.
- Mix a few drops of lavender oil when you get facial steam; it rejuvenates the skin, opens up the pores, and removes dark spots.
- Add egg whites as a face mask to tighten the sagged skin.
2. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil, a key ingredient in various skincare items, is vegetable wax. Extracted from the jojoba plant, this non-greasy oil is a powerful moisturizer, cleanser, and anti-aging product. It mainly benefits individuals with dry skin, providing essential soothing properties to alleviate irritation. (2)
How to use Jojoba oil?
- Apply the jojoba oil soaked in a cotton ball overnight on the face, hands, and legs to moisten the dry skin.
- Add a few drops of jojoba oil to your cleanser. It removes all residues from the skin and keeps the skin nourished.
- Apply jojoba oil directly on your skin to ease away fine lines, control the aggravation of acne, remove blackheads, and treat breakouts.
3. Tea tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a potent essential oil that addresses most common skin conditions. Topical application of tea tree oil treats acne, infections, blisters, deep scars, inflammation, cuts, wounds, etc. (3)
How to apply tea tree oil?
It is recommended not to apply tea tree oil directly on your skin as it is pretty powerful and might cause skin irritation. Instead, dilute the tea tree oil and apply it to the acne spots and scars. Then, apply a few drops of tea tree oil with any essential oils or moisturizer to the acne.
4. Grape Seed Oil
Most oily-skinned people stay away from using essential oils. However, if you have oily skin, resort to using grapeseed oil. It is a miraculous essential oil that controls and regulates the secretion of natural oils in your skin. Loaded with the skin-friendly nutrient Vitamin C, Grapeseed oil brightens the dull skin.
How to apply grape seed oil?
The application is straightforward. You can use it very simply by massaging the face with the oil. It is a very mild essential oil and can be applied with hands. Use it regularly to control the sebaceous glands and get a natural glow.
5. Sandalwood Oil
A natural skin-whitener! This is one of the proven, safest, and most effective essential oils that improve skin tone. While being versatile essential oils, sandalwood oils are perfect for dry-skinned people. (4)
How to apply sandalwood oil?
Dilute the sandalwood oil before applying it to the skin. Mix this oil with rose or geranium oil to massage the face. Then, add the sandalwood oil to your moisturizer (you can even go natural with aloe) to nourish the facial skin.
Include these essential oils in your skin care routine to nourish, improve skin complexion, delay aging!
6. Carrot seed essential oil
One of the less appreciated essential oils is a potential age-defying skincare product. Extracted from the seeds of the wild carrots, the essential oil regenerates the skin cells, helps to nourish the skin, and prevents aging. (5)
How do you apply carrot seed essential oil?
Don’t apply the carrot seed essential oil on the skin directly. Instead, mixing with either coconut or olive oil before applying it to the skin is recommended. Besides, it may increase sun sensitivity. So, don’t forget to use sunscreen lotion or avoid going outdoors when using carrot seed essential oil.
7. Chamomile Essential Oil
I hope you have tried sipping a cup of refreshing chamomile tea! It soothes your body and mind instantly! Similarly, the essential chamomile oil soothes susceptible skin and irritates itchy skin. Chamomile essential oil also gives you a glowing complexion by reducing the blemishes, spots, and scars.
How to apply chamomile essential oil?
You can apply it directly to the skin using a cotton ball.
8. Vetiver Essential Oil
Have you ever thought about an essential oil with miraculous healing properties to pamper the skin? If you don’t, try Vetiver essential oil. The rich aromatic oil is a one-stop essential oil to heal most skin conditions.
From hydrating the skin to brightening the skin tone, vetiver nourishes and rejuvenates your skin, make it supple, young and radiant.
How to apply vetiver essential oil?
You can apply it directly to the skin. Natural oil with cooling properties doesn’t harm your skin when you use it directly with your hands. Mixing sandalwood oil with vetiver makes a good combination!
9. Neroli Essential Oil
Another great essential oil for oily skin is Neroli! It reduces the skin pores without drying the skin. Also, the oil rejuvenates and replenishes the skin cells. (6)
How do you apply Neroli essential oil?
- Add one or two drops of Neroli essential oil on a wet cotton ball and apply on the desired spots.
- Add a few drops of oil to face creams or moisturizers for skin regeneration.
- You can blend a few drops of neroli oil with essential or coconut oil.
10. Argan Essential Oil
Argan oil is unique among the plethora of healing and pampering essential oils. The nutty oil contains fatty acids, vitamins A and E, and essential skin nutrients. As a result, it boosts the production of collagen, which keeps the skin cells firmer and younger. In addition, it treats puffiness and inflamed skin.
How to apply Argan Essential Oil?
- It makes a perfect moisturizer; massage your face and neck with a drop of argan essential oil using your palms.
- You can apply it to the face and massage it with your hands.
- It makes a great exfoliator! Add a teaspoon of sugar with a few drops of argan essential oil and rub it on your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you dilute essential oils for the skin?
Typically, essential oils are highly concentrated and may cause a burning sensation & irritation if applied directly. Hence, it is always recommended to do a patch test and dilute accordingly with the help of carrier oil (coconut oil, avocado oil, etc.)
Which essential oil is good for metabolism?
Grapefruit essential oil is suitable for metabolism as it can break down body fats. In addition, D-limonene present in grapefruit activates enzymes and reduces fat.
How do you store diluted essential oils?
Use a plastic bottle to store diluted essential oils, preferably in a cool & dry place. Avoid direct exposure to the sun.
- The wound healing potential of lavender oil – NCBI
- 13 Reasons to Add Jojoba Oil to Your Skin Care Routine – HealthLine
- How to use tea tree oil for skin -MedicalNewsToday
- SANDALWOOD OIL CAN BE A MIRACULOUS TACKLE ON SKIN AGING, SKIN APPEARANCE, AND WRINKLE SKIN-A REVIEW – ResearchGate
- The Health Benefits of Carrot Seed Oil – VeryWellHealth
- Neroli – Wikipedia