‘Dragon’s Blood’ – the name itself is enough to take us to an imaginative world where fantasy and fiction not only live together but become a reality. It is even truer if we hear the name for the very first time. And then, if we tell you that it can help you pretty up naturally, it is no surprise that you will be like, “What? Are you serious?”. Well, YES, we are SERIOUS. ‘Dragon’s Blood’ exists and it comes with a whole lot of beauty benefits too. But it is not exactly what you are thinking of. Let’s discover the truth about Dragon’s Blood from this post:
What Is Dragon’s Blood?
Dragon’s Blood (Sangre de Drago or Sangre de Grado) is NOT the blood of the dragon. Rather, it is the dark rich red resinous sap obtained from a tree named Dracaena Cinnabari or Croton Lechleri (also popularly called ‘Dragon Tree’ or ’Dragon Blood Tree’), which is native to South America (mostly found in the Amazon Rainforest). The tall tree with gray and mottle-white bark looks similar to the mystical creature and oozes the bleeding red sap when its bark is slashed diagonally. Hence, it is named so.
Also Read – Get Your Beauty Dose: Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Garlic To Explore Here
Dragon’s Blood has been used as a coloring agent in dyes and varnishes since ages while the tribes in regions like Equador, Mexico, Peru, etc. use it as an excellent curative sap (heals rashes, cuts, burns, stings, bites, sores, wounds, abrasions, fevers, gum diseases, stomach ulcers, and so on). But recent studies have rediscovered it to be a treasure trove for beauty benefits.
What Is So Good About It?
We are certainly going to discuss the beauty benefits of Dragon’s Blood later, but before that, let’s find out why it is considered so good for our skin. Here are what makes the ingredient so special:
- It is loaded with phytochemicals some of which are phytosterols, proanthocyanidins (a group of antioxidants), pycnogenol, diterpenes, phenols, etc.
- It is rich in flavonoids and other super active compounds that possess great anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antiviral properties.
- It contains biologically active alkaloids (tapsine) and lignans (dimethylcedrusine).
- It is a combination of pycnogenol, tapsine, and dimethylcedrusine, which has a proven record of accelerating speed healing as much as 4 times.
Also Read – Amazing Beauty Benefits of Black Tea Here
Beauty Benefits Of Dragon’s Blood
Now, it is time to dig deeper into the beauty benefits of Dragon’s Blood. Here are the ways this sappy resin can beautify us:
- Dragon’s Blood contains taspine, which is considered as of an essential component for tissue repairing as well as skin regeneration. It also has very high amounts of proanthocyanidins, which make it one of the most potent natural antioxidants in the world. Both of these help in the formation of collagen in our skin, thereby keeping premature aging at bay. In fact, Dragon’s Blood is known to be the best natural ‘wrinkle filler’ that can plump up our skin and make it look vibrant and youthful.
- Being an amazing anti-bacterial agent, Dragon’s Blood works as a natural acne-buster. It destroys acne-causing bacteria accumulated inside our pores and prevents the infection from spreading. As a result, the existing acne is healed and the possibility of developing further breakouts is lowered.
- Dragon’s Blood can keep our skin sufficiently hydrated and well-nourished. The antioxidant qualities of the ingredient can help in taking great care of our skin while ensuring its optimal health so that we can get a soft, smooth and flawless look.
- When applied topically, Dragon’s Blood forms a thin protective layer right above the surface of the skin. This acts as our ‘second skin’ and shields our real skin from all environmental hazards including pollution, sun damages, etc. while reducing redness significantly.
Also Read – The Must Know Beauty Benefits of Pineapple Here
Where To Find Dragon’s Blood?
No, you do not need to go to the Amazon Rainforest in order to collect this exclusive skin-enhancing agent. Rather, you can find it in your favorite beauty and cosmetics products available in the worldwide market. After decades of researches, the goodness of this skin elixir has now become well-known to various cosmetic brands and they have been including it in their products liberally to promise you a beautiful skin. Dragon’s Blood can be found in creams, moisturizers, lotions, serums, exfoliators, face masks, and so on. Most of the products containing this ingredient are lightweight, absorbed into the skin fast, designed to offer a ton of benefits together, and available quite easily. However, make sure that you opt for only the renowned brands as they use 100% pure, raw Dragon’s Blood in their products to ensure maximum benefits to their consumers. Be careful about companies that use ‘Dragon’s Blood Complex’ in their products, which is often reported to hold only 5% of the component.
Dragon’s Blood is extremely good for our skin and including it in our daily beauty regimen can turn out to be a wise decision. So, be wise and pretty up naturally.
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2, 3