Korean beauty secrets are one thing that every beauty enthusiast swears by. Their beauty products work perfectly to make skin flawless and so as their makeup hacks. One of such trick that has been sweeping Korea these days is ‘Jamsu Makeup’, which claims to give us a perfect matte skin. While there is a ton of latest hacks and trends unexplored by us, the ‘wonderfully weird’ technique of Jamsu has made it the hot favorite of women. So, what is this K-beauty secret all about? How does it work? Is it really worth the craze? Let’s discover:
About The New ‘Jamsu’ Beauty Trend
Even though ‘Jamsu’ has turned out to be a Korean makeup sensation, the trick was supposedly introduced to the world by a Japanese beauty blogger over YouTube. The word ‘Jamsu’ means ‘submerging’ or ‘diving’ and hence, it is also known as the ‘diving makeup’. However, Jamsu didn’t take much time to become a huge hit in Korea and worldwide women are getting obsessed with it over time. The best thing about this highly intriguing makeup trend is that it needs minimal products and involves very little skills, but still, works wonders!
If you follow the technique, you will find it similar to ‘baking’ to some extent. In both of the trends, the makeup needs to be set by melting powder with body heat. But the step in Jamsu that requires you to dunk your face in water takes it to a whole new level. The trick promises a flawless base makeup with an amazing melt-proof matte finish that is just right for the humid, summer days.
Also Read – How To Bake Your Makeup: The Detailed Guide Here
The ‘Jamsu’ Technique – Steps To Follow
As said before, the Jamsu makeup trick needs us to dip our face in the water to set makeup with a perfect matte finish instead of making it clean. Therefore, it is essential to know the step by step method in order to master the trick. Here we go:
Also Read – 12 Best Hairstyles For Gym To Get A Trendy, Workout-Ready Look Here
- Start with cleansing your face in a regular manner. Use a mild cleanser and exfoliate gently, if necessary. Wash it thoroughly and pat it dry with a soft cotton towel.
- Moisturize your face as usual. Your favorite moisturizer is enough for this purpose.
- Get your face prepared for the makeup by applying a good quality makeup primer. Blend it well.
- Also, apply the suitable shades of foundation and concealer one by one. Make sure that you follow the right methods of application for these two.
- Once you are done with these regular steps of makeup, cover your face with a branded loose powder by using a large fluffy brush. Be generous with the amount as it is the key ingredient of this technique.
- Let it sit for a few minutes. During this time, your body heat will melt down the powder and help in setting your makeup.
- Now, take a large bowl filled with cold water and submerge your powdered face completely into it. You can also fill your sink with cold water and dip your face in it.
- If you have normal to oily skin, hold yourself in that position for around 30 seconds. For people with dry to combination skin can do it only for 15 seconds.
- Pat the face dry very gently with a soft towel.
- Voila! You are ready to proceed with the rest of your makeup.
Does The ‘Jamsu’ Practice Really Work?
Yes, the procedure sounds bizarre but it WORKS! Here is what Jamsu Makeup actually offers to us:
- It gives a natural, younger, and fresh appearance in minutes.
- It not only mattifies the skin completely but also keeps it ‘incredibly matte’ all through the day!
- It provides a soft and super smooth finish that will remind you of a baby’s skin.
- It turns the skin even-toned while creating a flawless and ‘professionally airbrushed’ look.
- It makes the application of remaining makeup products a whole lot of easier.
- It makes the makeup absolutely melt-proof and long-lasting, which is a plus for the humid days as well as the monsoon.
Also Read – 15 Hottest Hairstyle Trends for 2015 Here
Tips You Must Know
- If you have a sensitive skin, replace your loose powder with a baby powder.
- Instead of covering different parts of your face with powder (what you need to do in ‘baking’), cover it entirely.
- Apple the powder in intense layers. The thicker, the better.
- If dipping your face in water seems impossible to you, dampen your powdered face with a generous amount of facial mist.
- Do not keep your face submerged for more than 30 seconds. Or else, your base makeup will be ruined.
If you are in love with matte, airbrushed look, Jamsu will never disappoint you. Rather, it will bless you with some added benefits. So are you ready to take the plunge?