Thinking of giving your facial cream a rich and luxurious makeover in an all natural way? You have come to the right page. In this post, we will be sharing the DIY recipe of a super silky and divinely smelling face cream with you that will be absorbed into your skin instantly without leaving any oily residue and make it fresh, soft and supple. Let’s start:
DIY – Luxurious Natural Face Cream Recipe
- Organic coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Organic olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Organic sesame oil – 4 tablespoons
- Organic grape seed oil – 4 tablespoons
- Pure organic aloe vera gel – 8 tablespoons
- Vitamin E oil – (1/4) teaspoon
- Beeswax pastilles – 1 tablespoon
- Organic hydrosol (floral water) – 16 tablespoons
- Essential oil – 8 to 15 drops
Also Read – DIY Natural Cold Cream in Easy Steps Here
- A double boiler
- A blender
- A large saucepan made of stainless steel
- A medium-sized saucepan
- A medium-sized mixing bowl
- Storage container(s) of your choice
- A spatula
- Take all the oils i.e. organic coconut oil, organic olive oil, organic sesame oil, and organic grapeseed oil in the large saucepan. Place it over very low heat and let the oil mixture warm up thoroughly. Make sure that it is only warm and not burning hot.
- Put the beeswax pastilles in the medium-sized saucepan and place it over low heat. You need to melt the beeswax slowly until it almost liquefies.
- Pour organic hydrosol into the mixing bowl and add pure organic aloe vera gel to it. Blend them together nicely.
- Place the double boiler over low heat and pre-warm it.
- Keep the storage containers clean and handy.
Also Read – DIY Homemade Anti-Ageing Night Creams Here
Step By Step Method
- Take the large saucepan with melted oil mixture and it into the top section of the double boiler you have already pre-warmed. Pour the melted and almost liquefied beeswax into it. Ensure that the melted oil and melted beeswax mixture is in liquid state. If you find that the beeswax is getting hard, heat up the double boiler a bit to reach as well as maintain the needed temperature.
- Pour the organic hydrosol and organic aloe vera gel mixture into the blender. Add vitamin E oil to it. Also, add essential oil drops of your choice. Now, blend everything together for 4 to 5 seconds in order to prepare a smooth concoction.
- Once you are done with the first phase of blending, remove the mid-section of the lid and turn on the blender at low speed. This time, you can easily see the hydrosol-aloe gel-essential oil mix moving in a whirling motion inside the blender.
- Start pouring the melted oil-and-beeswax mixture right into the center of this whirling content very slowly. Try to pour it from a considerable height so that the stream becomes very thin and slow. This might turn out to be pretty challenging, however, for this step, patience is the key.
- The complete mixture inside the blender will look odd at first. But as the whirling motion will continue, it will begin to emulsify and get a thick creamy texture. You will also understand that the mixture is thickening up and reaching the desired consistency by listening to the sound of blending as it will change over time.
- Once your rich and luxurious cream is ready, turn the blender off. Scrape down the base of the blender as well as around the blades and mix the cream thoroughly.
- For the last time, turn on the blender and run it in ‘pulse’ motion to give the whole thing a final mix.
- Transfer the cream to the storage container(s) immediately. Make use of the spatula and get all the stuff out of the blender.
- Place the containers in the refrigerator and let it sit for 2 to 3 hours. Voila!
Also Read – DIY – Golden Facial Mask For Young Radiant Skin Here
A Few Tips To Remember
We have a few helpful tips for you that would help you get the most out of your lush face cream:
- Calendula Herbal Oil can be a great addition to this natural face cream recipe. You can replace the organic olive oil with equal amount of this oil.
- You can find any organic hydrosol of your choice. There is no specific requirement.
- Lavender essential oil is the most suitable choice for this luxurious face cream. However, you can opt for others like chamomile essential oil, rose essential oil, sandalwood essential oil, orange essential oil, etc. if you wish.
- If a double boiler is not available at your end, simply get a Pyrex measuring jug set. All you need to do is fill a heat-proof pan halfway with water and place it in a heat-proof pan.
What are you waiting for? Make your all-natural luxurious face cream today and pamper your facial skin like never before. Enjoy!
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2, 3