Shedding off extra pounds is way more difficult than it sounds. There are tons of weight loss pills and programs in the market and all of them are self-proclaimed to be the ‘best’ or the ‘most popular’ options for this purpose. But once you start using them, you realize that they hardly live up to their own promises. You may modify your food habit, improve your lifestyle choices, and indulge in rigorous exercises. However, these also do not ensure a guaranteed weight loss. In such situations, only cosmetic procedures can provide you with remarkable differences. If you are not comfortable with invasive surgical fat removal, the body-jet liposuction can be a simple, safe, and effective alternative for you. Keep reading to know everything about this unique procedure.
What Is Body-Jet?
Body-Jet is a registered trademark of Human med AG, world’s first and foremost manufacturer of water-jet assisted surgical devices. It uses water-jet dissectors to offer precise control as well as the optimal handling of delicate tissue in plastic, reconstructive, and aesthetic surgeries. Water-jet Assisted Liposuction (WAL) and Autologous Fat Transfer are two main functionalities of Body-Jet, which not only helps in body sculpting but also facilitates the treatment of soft tissue defects, scars, and chronic wounds.
What Is Body-Jet Liposuction?
Body-jet Liposuction is a soft, internal pressure wash using merely gentle jets of water, which helps achieve the outcomes of a liposuction surgery without the application of too much force. The procedure can eliminate excess body fat in significant amounts from the hard-to-budge fat pockets that are otherwise impossible to shift. It targets fat very precisely so that the skin appears remarkably firmer, tighter, and more resilient in the end. Body-Jet is, indeed, a highly innovative and absolutely complication-free approach to the removal of unwanted fat as well as natural sculpting of the body. The technique is also popularly known as ‘aqua liposuction’, ‘water liposuction’ or ‘water-assisted liposuction’ (1).
How Does It Work?
Body-Jet Liposuction employs the groundbreaking water-jet technology in which the gentle power of water is used in an intelligent manner for a fast, safe, effective, and tissue-sparing fat removal. In this procedure, the pulses of saline tumescent fluid are directed through a specially designed cannula at a selective power of the flat, fan-shaped water-jet device. The pressure of water breaks down the membranes of the adipose (fat) cells and dissects them from their surrounding tissues. Such low mechanical force and precise mechanism of dislodging the nasty fat also ensures that the surrounding subcutaneous connective tissue, nerves, and blood vessels remain considerably less traumatized. As a result, the risks are minimized, the recovery period becomes shorter, and the skin looks taut. Meanwhile, the fat cells detached from the tissue structure are extracted by using a moderate suction device and aspirated for Fat Transfer. The pressure of the device can also be adjusted to match the structures of different connective tissues and the excess water is dried out (2).
Advantages Of Body-Jet
Body-Jet is a reliable and clinically proven procedure. Here are all its benefits at a glance (3):
- A safer, quicker, and more effective alternative to traditional liposuction surgery.
- The pre-filtration part is short and takes almost 70% less tumescent fluid.
- Low mechanical force helps in preserving the connective tissues and sensitive nerves underneath the skin.
- Reduced risks of swelling, bruising, blood loss, and hematoma due to selective power mode of the device
- The extraction and removal of unwanted fat cells are easy.
- Removed fat cells are ‘harvested’ with the help of a sterile, closed-loop system for Fat Transfer.
- No centrifuge is used, which retains the vitality of fat cells and lessens the overall treatment time.
Areas Of Treatment
Body-Jet Liposuction can be used for treating any area of the body with fatty deposits including the wobbly stomach, waist, thighs, hips, buttocks, arms, legs, calves, flanks, chin (or under the chin), neck, etc. It can also define delicate areas with excess bulk, such as knees and ankles if required.
Is Body-Jet Safe?
Body-Jet received a clear and quick approval from the FDA in August 2008 as a safe body contouring system. Neither heating devices nor potentially harmful chemicals are used during the procedure, which makes sure that no damage occurs to the patient.
A good candidate for Body-Jet Liposuction is an individual of any age, who have diet and exercise-resistant fat on certain parts of the body. She must be of decent overall health and needing to lose smaller fat amounts of up to 25 pounds to get the desired body shape.
The Body-Jet Procedure
- You are administered local anesthesia to keep the discomfort away throughout the procedure.
- Then, your physician makes a small incision and inserts the specially designed cannula under the skin in the target area of your body.
- Now, the saline fluid solution is dispersed through the cannula. If your physician skips the anesthesia at the initial stage, he will combine a local anesthetic with the saline solution here.
- Once the fat cells are broken up, they are suctioned off via a small cannula. Any excess fluid remaining inside is also eliminated simultaneously.
- Finally, your physician stitches the incisions with dissolvable sutures.
Body-Jet Liposuction can take anywhere between 1 hour and 3 hours to complete depending on the size of the target area as well as the amount of fat to be removed.
Issues like swelling, bruising, and soreness are common after undergoing the procedure. But all these are minimal and usually go away within a day or two.
Recovery And Downtime
Being a minimally invasive procedure, the Body-Jet Liposuction offers very prompt recovery. You can resume your normal routine as soon as within 2-3 days. However, stay away from strenuous activities, saunas, deep tissue massage, etc. at least for a few weeks.
Risks And Complications
Body-Jet does not come with serious risks or adverse effects. Some common complications include swelling, bruising, burning, blood loss, temporary numbness, dehydration, fluid drainage, infections, pulmonary edema, surface irregularities, perforation wounds in other organs or tissues, etc.
Duration Of Effects
Body-Jet Liposuction offers permanent results. Though there will be significant improvement immediately after the treatment, the final results will be visible after 2-3 months only.
It will cost you $3,500 to $4,000 for a single area of treatment.
- “Body-Jet”, HarleyStreetSkinClinic.com
- “Technique: The Gentle Power Of The Water-Jet”, HumanMed.com
- “Body-Jet Liposuction”, CadoganClinic.com