Blush is one such makeup item that can take your look to a whole new level. When you include blush in your daily makeup routine, you brighten up your dull skin immediately. However, some of us have a skin that has a mind of its own. It hates makeup and goes quite unpredictable every time. While sensitive skin is the most troubling one among all, oily and acne-prone skin comes right after it. So, if you want your makeup to pop, make your oily skin happy by choosing the right kind of blush. Here is the process of selection as well as a list of 10 best blushes for oily skin available in India.
Factors to Consider for Blush Selection
There are tons of blush shades in the market and they can again be divided into different categories. Hence, it is important to know the factors on which you should focus while choosing the best one for yourself. There are two points to keep in mind and we have elaborated them below:
1. Type of the Skin
The need for blush may change based on the type of skin. You must choose a formula that best suits the requirements of your skin.
- If you have dry skin, opt for cream blushes with great hydrating and moisturizing properties. The presence of oils helps these products stay on the skin for long. Cream blushes can easily be applied with fingers.
- If you have oily skin, go for powder blushes as they soak up all excess oil and sebum from the skin by sticking to them and prevent the skin from getting too shiny. Powder blush is not a good option for ladies who sweat a lot. It also gets washed away easily with water. However, you need a suitable brush for the application of powder blushes and should never skip regular touch-ups.
2. Skin Tone and Undertone
When it comes to choosing the color and shades of the blush, pay attention to your skin tone and undertone, and match the colors accordingly.
- Women with fair skin tone should choose lighter colors of blush. For cool undertones, pinkish shades are the best while for warm undertones peachy shades go perfect.
- Those who have wheatish or medium skin tone should choose slightly darker colors with similar or a little darker shades (not too pigmented).
- For darker skin tones, the colors should be highly pigmented. Depending on warmer or cooler undertones, the shades can range from pinkish red to coral orange.
In ancient times, blush was known as rouge. People in places like Egypt, Greece, and China used to color their cheeks with a red stain made of natural ingredients. These days, the color has changed to pink, peach, orange, brown, etc. and the product is also available in several forms including cream, powder, gel, and even liquid. (1)
Read Also – Best Moisturizers for Oily Skin – Top 7 Picks
10 Best Blushes for Oily Skin Available in India
You may face a hard time while choosing the perfect blush for oily and acne-prone skin. Well, here is a compilation of 10 best blushes for oily skin available in the Indian market:
1. Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush
The Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush suits all skin types and is especially good for oily-skinned beauties. Being highly-pigmented and finely-milled, it blends immediately and stays on the face without melting or fading.
- Available in 11 interesting shades like Spiced Wine, Berry Delight, Precious Posy, Iced Lotus, Bashful Plum, Smoldering Plum, Sunset Glow, Aglow, Cupid, Innocent Peach, and Pink Love
- Oil-free formula with a long-lasting, color-true, matte finish
- Silky texture allows easy and effortless gliding over cheekbones
- Fresh, jet-milled, natural colors that can be built to desired intensity
- Gives a natural and healthy look
- Dermatologically tested
Price: Rs. 2.300 for 85.05 gm.
2. Colorbar Cheekillusion Blush
Formulated in Italy, the Colorbar Cheekillusion Blush is a daily wear blush that is ideal for oily skin. It blends smoothly without reacting with your skin and gives a natural glow as you immerse your cheeks in luxurious colors.
- Available in 8 luxurious and luminous shades including Pink Pinch, Coral Craving, Everything’S Rosy, Bronzing Glaz, Earthy Touch, Rosey Peach, Coral Bliss, Sweet Scarlet
- A lightweight powder blush with a silky texture
- Blends smoothly and hugs the cheeks with a velvet touch
- Highly buildable, long-lasting, and smudge-proof formulation
- Suitable for all skin types, especially oily and acne-prone skin
- Does not contain parabens, mineral oils, or artificial fragrance
- Dermatologically tested
Price: Rs. 675 for 4 gm.
Read Also – 15 Fairness Creams for Oily Skin
3. Deborah Milano Natural Blush
The ‘Italian excellence’ Deborah Milano Natural Blush is an essential item in the makeup kit of every woman with oily and acne-prone skin. It not only sculpts the cheekbones but also revives the complexion beautifully.
- 11 unique shades like Intense Peach, Chocolate, Spicy, Biscuit, Bright Red, Light Pink, Cherry, Apricot, Fuxia, Terracotta, and Pinky Coral are available
- A silky-smooth, impalpable formula with a micro-fine texture
- Silicone oils and emollient esters make it highly blendable
- Enriched with a special active ingredient jewel powder
- Buildable pigment adds a flush of color without unsightly stains
- Gives a luminous glow with a matte finish
- The mineral oligo-elements energizes the skin
- Suitable for all skin types including oily and sensitive skin
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested
Price: Rs. 395 for 6 gm.
‘Jewel powder’ used in the Deborah Milano Natural Blush is a highly selected mix of mineral micro-particles in high concentrations. These mineral trace elements are obtained from precious stones like amethyst, mother of pearl, coral, tourmaline, amber, jade, and ruby.
4. Makeup Revolution London Blusher Reloaded
If you are looking for a revolutionary blush for your greasy skin, this Makeup Revolution London Blusher Reloaded is the right pick. Get natural-looking flush on your cheeks with no trace of oil and look gorgeous!
- There are 12 attractive shades, such as Pink Lady, Peach Bliss, Baked Peach, Coral Dream, Peaches & Cream, Pop My Cherry, Ballerina, Lovestruck, Rhubarb & Custard, Rose Kiss, Sweet Pea, and Violet Love
- A powder blush formula with a sheer velvet texture
- Super buildable and blendable colors
- Lightweight, pure, and intense pigments
- The long-lasting color payoff with no melting or fading
- Adds a healthy-looking flush to the cheeks with a completely matte finish
- Does not cause the skin to break out
- Perfect for all skin tones
Price: Rs. 550 for 7.5 gm.
Read Also – Keep Shine Away! Top 5 Compact Powders for Oily Skin with Updated Prices
5. M.A.C Mineralize Blush
For a M.A.C-lover with oily skin, this Mineralize Blush is true bliss. The non-acnegenic and dermatologically tested formulation builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage to give an exceptionally sheer finish.
- A collection of 15 shades including Naturally Flawless, Like Me Love Me, Humour Me, Flirting With Danger, Bubbles Please, Sweet Enough, Hey Coral Hey…, Happy-Go-Rosy, Dainty, Gentle, Love Joy, Love Things, New Romance, Petal Power, and Warm Soul
- Baked minerals refined into a powder formula
- Features M.A.C Multi-Mineral Complex
- The lightweight formula glides onto the skin smoothly
- Builds lightly without heavy coverage
- Gives a pearlized shimmer with a matte finish
- Veils and enhances the cheekbones
- Suits all skin types, especially oily and sensitive skin
- A non-acnegenic composition that is ideal for acne-prone skin
- Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested
Price: Rs. 2,650 for 3.2 gm.
6. Maybelline New York Fit Me Blush
The Maybelline New York Fit Me Blush is a flattering natural yet noticeable blush that enhances skin tone with a pop of natural color. Being non-comedogenic, it is great for using on oily and acne-prone skin.
- Available in 10 exciting shades: Peach, Nude, Coral, Pink, Wine, Buff, Mauve, Rose, Plum, and Berry
- A lightweight powder blush with a silky-smooth texture
- Blends seamlessly into the skin and enhances its tone
- Delivers true-to-tone color for a natural-looking flush
- The long-lasting blush gives the all-day color payoff with a radiant glow
- Non-comedogenic formula suits oily and acne-prone skin
- Ideal for all skin tones
Price: Rs. 440 for 4.5 gm.
7. Kiko Milano Velvet Touch Creamy Stick Blush
This Velvet Touch Creamy Stick Blush by Kiko Milano is fantastic for revitalizing facial expressions with enhanced and illuminated cheekbones. Its exclusive composition of walnut oil and pistachio extract suits oily skin the best.
- A collection of 6 amazing shades i.e. Rose Mauve, Golden Peach, Golden Sand, Geranium, Natural Rose, and Camelia Red
- Available in the form of a blush stick of soft, creamy texture and radiant finish
- Enriched with African walnut oil and soothing pistachio extract
- Adheres to the skin flawlessly without leaving an oily residue
- Seamless blending and excellent color payoff
- Enhances and illuminates cheekbones
- Precise application and professional-looking results
- Soft-ficus effect for a smooth and natural look
- Non-comedogenic and dermatologically tested
- Appropriate for oily and acne-prone skin
Price: Rs. 1,090 for 10 gm.
8. Biotique Natural Makeup Starstruck Matte Blush
The Biotique Natural Makeup Starstruck Matte Blush truly makes your cheeks blush naturally. The organic product with active botanicals turns even the oiliest skin healthy, nourished, and vibrant with highly consistent colors.
- Features 4 Star Shades like Modesty Blush, Promise In Pink, Sun Kissed Tan, and Coral Cache
- A lightweight blush with a smooth texture
- Made up of all-natural and organic color pigments
- The skincare-infused product nourishes the skin thoroughly
- Offers even and smooth application with a satin-matte finish
- A smudge-proof formula that lasts throughout the day
- Suitable for all skin tones
- All-natural composition does not worsen oily and acne-prone skin
- 100% organic, paraben-free, and cruelty-free product
Price: Rs. 450 for 6 gm.
Also Read – Experts Say These Are the Best Face Washes for Oily & Acne-Prone Skin
9. Bobbi Brown Blush
Featured in Glamour Magazine “2018 Beauty Awards” for Best Blush (April 2018), the Bobbi Brown Blush is a real gem to be treasured. The silky powder blush creates a high-impact definition without disturbing your oily and acne-prone skin.
- Get your hands on 12 vibrant shades i.e. Sand Pink, Pretty Coral, Slopes, Coral Sugar, Nectar, Desert Pink, Peony, Pretty Pink, Pale Pink, Apricot, Tawny, and Clementine
- A silky powder blush that glides on smoothly
- Perfectly mimics the natural color of flush
- Gives a softer feel and truer color on cheeks
- Pigment-rich shades give high-impact definition
- Delivers a matte finish with long-lasting wear
- Absolutely perfect for oily and acne-prone skin
- Free from parabens, phthalates, sulfates, sulfites, and gluten
Price: Rs. 3,150 for 3.7 gm.
10. Milani Rose Powder Blush
The Milani Rose Powder Blush is a 100% vegan and cruelty-free product made in Italy. No matter whether you have dry or oily skin, your cheeks will experience the full blossom of glamorous color with it.
- Comes in 6 magnetic shades, such as Romantic Rose, Coral Cove, Tea Rose, Blossomtime Rose, Spiced Rose, and Wild Rose
- A lightweight powder blush with a soft, natural finish
- The silky-smooth texture blends effortlessly into the skin
- Enhances the skin tone and brightens up the vibe
- No presence of parabens and preservatives
- Can be used on oily and acne-prone skin easily
Price: Rs. 1,420 for 17 gm.
How to Apply Blush Rightly?
The primary objective of using blush is to create an optical illusion. You will actually draw attention to the part of your cheeks where you would dust the product on. According to the best practice, you should apply blush on the apple of your cheeks and top it with a dash of highlighter for a fresh and healthy glow. But the shape of your face also plays a significant role in it. If you have a round face, make it look slimmer by extending blush out to your temples. For a long face, blending the blush underneath the apples can make it appear softer. You can also balance a heart-shaped face by starting from below the apples and extending the color out to the hairline. (2)
Blush brightens up your dull skin immediately and takes your look to a whole new level. Ancient people used natural ingredients as ‘rouge’ to stain their cheeks red. These days, the color has changed to pink, peach, orange, brown, etc. and the product is also available in several forms including cream, powder, gel, and even liquid. Consider the type as well as the tone and undertone of your skin while buying a blush. But choosing blush for oily and acne-prone skin can be difficult. Powder blush works the best for oily skin by soaking up all excess oil and sebum from it. Select the right one from the best blushes for oily skin available in India based on your unique requirements. Applying blush correctly on the apple of the cheeks based on the facial shape is also necessary for achieving a fresh and healthy glow.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Choose a Blush Color?
If you want a natural look, pick a blush that matches the undertone of your skin. But if you want a vibrant look, select one that is opposite to your undertone in color.
Should I Wear Blush or Bronzer?
Blush adds a soft and natural flushed color to the cheeks and is perfect for daily wear as long as it is used sparingly. On the other hand, bronzer helps in contouring and is usually chosen for casual events or made-up looks.
Do You Put Bronzer or Blush on First?
Bronzer is applied before blush. Apply bronzer right after you are done with your foundation, concealer, and powder.
Can I Use Blush Without Foundation?
Of course, you can use blush without foundation or even primer. However, using a primer is always a good idea as it prevents makeup from clogging the skin pores.
- “Rouge (Cosmetics)“, Wikipedia.org
- “How to Apply Blush“, RealSimple.com