Eyes are one of the most sensitive body parts. The rising pollution every now and then, it is more than important to take a good care of them. Considering longevity and changing health pattern in mind, the need to do so increases. With this vow to provide you with homemade remedies to curb the problem, here are home remedies for itchy eyes.
Cucumber has anti-irritation properties. It proves a great cure against swelling, irritation and puffiness. All what you need to do is:
- Take a cucumber, wash, dry and make thin slices of the same.
- Refrigerate these slices for a while and place them over your eyes.
This can be repeated 4-5 times a day.
2. Castor Oil
Castor oil is an effective yet unknown home solution to the entire set of eye problems. It also carries commercial value. The ways to exploit the castor oil for the purpose are given below:
- Take a new dropper and suck castor oil in it carefully.
- Pour a drop each into both the eyes.
Repeat this 3-4 times a day to curb swelled eyes.
3. Baking Soda
It is not only a kitchen where you find the applications of a baking soda! You can use it to fight infections. It soothes your eyes against dirt and germs. To sum up the application in easy steps below,
- Make solution of baking soda and water in ratio of 1:2 respectively.
- Use this water to wash your eyes.
The amount of baking soda should be strictly checked while making this.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
This liquid of apple cider vinegar has some unique antiseptic properties. It also comes up with anti bacterial properties and proves a strong homemade remedy against any sort of the infection.
- Prepare a mixture of a tablespoon apple cider vinegar and water.
- This solution can be be used to curb the itching eyes and irritation.
Repeat twice a day.
Also Read – How To Get Rid Of Dry Skin Between Eyebrows
5. Cold Milk
Milk constitutes many nutrients. It can prove an effective remedy to remove the itchiness of the eyes. Involved steps are:
- Take chilled cold milk out from the refrigerator and dip some cotton balls in it.
- Roll these balls around your eyes
This has a soothing effect on the eyes and removes dirt effectively.
6. Raw Potato
Main ingredient to your favourite fries, potato, can serve your eyes to fight the much itchy eyes. All you need to is explained below:
- Take a potato and cut the thin round pieces of the same and put them in refrigerator.
- After some time, place these slices over your eyes enjoy the coolness.
This should be repeated 2-3 times a day to say goodbye to swelling and itchiness.
7. Rose Water
Rose water is soothing and cooling for the eyes. Pure rose water is finest home remedy against itching eyes. This finds it application in two different ways which are:
- Wash your eyes with rose water 2-3 times a day.
- This can also serve the purpose of the eye drops.
The rose water eye drops serve an instant relief. Use this to take benefits of the same.
8. Green Tea
Green tea is just not only serving your health but also can be used to remove the swelling of eyes. The effective properties of this amazing component can be exploited as follows:
- Take two green tea bags and boil them in water.
- The eyes should be flashed twice a day with solution.
However, the direct interaction of green tea seeds with eyes shall be avoided.
9. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a natural home remedy and it can be used as follows to treat itchy eyes:
- Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and cut it open only to extract the juice out of it.
- You should rinse your eyes with this juice in a mixture with water in certain quantities for minimum 3 times in a day.
This should be repeated daily until the itching problem is resolved.
10. Vegetables juices
Vegetables are your permanent answer to the call of minerals. Very less people know that vegetables are also a solution to eye problems. Vegetables like carrot and spinach juices can prove highly effective to serve the purpose.
- Extract the carrot or spinach juice and drink this juice once or twice in a day to see the desired results.
- You can also think of combination of both the juices.
The excess amount should be avoided.
Goldenseal rules homemade remedies to curb the issues related to the eyes. It can do wonders to remove swelling and itching eyes. All simple steps you need to adopt are given below:
- Mix two tablespoons of Goldenseal herb powder
- Boil this water and use this boiled water as a warm compress on your eyes
This may also be used as the eyes drops.
Answer to many problems, water has below mentioned applications
- Wash eyes frequently using water
- Drink a lot of water to keep you hydrated which has direct impact on eyes.
Also Read – Home Remedies for Itchy Scalp