The curling wand does not have to be something to be afraid of. For most women, the curling wand is a mysterious tool that magically styles your hair – or not. If you do not know how to use this nifty little gadget, you could end up making a complete mess of your hair. There are some simple ways in which you can use a curling wand. Here’s what you can do with it.
For hairs of any kind, using a curling iron can be a really great idea. This could be the break from the regular style that you had been looking for. If your hair is fine, curling them can add a lot of volume and give your hair that bounce you have been looking for all along. Before you start though, you should wash your hair well. Oily and dirty hair do not curl well and you may actually end up damaging them inadvertently. Dry your hair thoroughly and apply some heat protecting product to keep your hair from getting damaged. Use slow, gentle strokes on your hair.
How To Curl Your Hair
1. Part your hairs and use hair clips to keep them parted.
2. Pick sections of your hair use the wand on them one at a time.
3. Start at the crown and make tight curls at the top. You can choose to keep curling down the length, or you can curl them just halfway.
4. If you want, you can curl only the bottom part. This adds more volume and less bounce. However, do use a flat iron on the top of the head and use the curling iron from the mid length.
5. If there are some sections of your hair that you do not want curled, wrap those sections around the curling wand’s barrel to prevent them from curling.
6. Hold the wand in place for at least 10-20 seconds to set the curls.
7. If you have medium or long hair, you can use bobby pins to keep the curls from loosening or folding out.
8. Once you have your curls, use a hairspray or a holding gel to hold them in place.
9. Remove the bobby pins and gently run your fingers through your curls to let them hang nicely.
- The process of curling your hair is very simple. However, with some simple tips, you would curl your hair better and have the hairstyle for longer.
- Take care of the temperature of your iron. If it is too cold, you would not be able to curl your hair. If it is too hot, you may burn your hair or damage them.
- If you have never used a curling wand before, always practice on your hair with the wand turned off. This will prevent you from making bloopers with the wand turned on.
- Always choose a curling wand that is easy to use. Different wands have different handles and each feels differently in your hand.
- Buy a curling wand that has all the features you need. Specialized handles can be really useful. Some of the other features you could look for include a rolling barrel. If you want to use the curling wand for a long hair, you would be holding it for long periods at a time. For this, a swivel cord can be really useful and comfortably.
Once you have used your curling iron, it is important to care for your hair the right way. This will let your curls last longer and will also protect your hair from damage. Here are some things you should do:
1. Try to avoid using a blow dryer and protect your hair from damage from heat. Since you have created your curls with heat, more heat will not only damage your curls, they will damage your hair too.
2. Avoid splashing water on your hair because water can damage your curls. Every time you use a curling iron or a hair straightener, avoid getting water on your tresses because it would spoil your hair style.
Photo Credit: Featured, 1, 2, 3