We all have the days when a scar has given us sleepless nights. Scars are scary because it can remain on our skin forever if not properly treated. If you have a surgical scar then it is even tougher as those scars are very hard to fade away. Now a days there are many ointments in the market that assures us to completely heal the scar. The best of the available choices so far is the bioCorneum; it is a treatment gel that has been cleared by the FDA so far.
We will introduce you to this miracle product and tell you all the details about it.
All about bioCorneum
This treatment is mainly for cosmetic and surgical procedure scars and also for wounds, burns and other skin trauma. It is great to treat keloid and hypertrophic scars.
Also Read – C Section Scar Removal through Surgery Here
BioCorneum is a silicone gel that contains SPF 30 UV protection ingredients. BioCorneum binds the scar’s outer layer of dead skin cells and hence protects the tissue under it. It protects against microbial, chemical and physical invasion. While it binds with the cells it forms an invisible but flexible silicone sheet over the area where it has been applied. Thus it provides the required protection to the scar to mature and at the same time hydrates it.
Ingredients of bioCorneum gel
- Octisalate 5.0%
- Octinoxate 7.5%
- Oxybenzone 6.0%
- Octocrylene 10%
- Polysiloxanes, Isopropyl Myristate, Silicon Dioxide are the inactive ingredients.
Where can bioCorneum be used?
The bioCorneum can be used on the face, hands, neck, chest wherever there is a scar or the areas that are exposed to the sun. The gel has a flexible nature so it works well on the skin. It can be applied on the irregular surfaces, joints apart from the large scarred areas.
Also Read – Say Goodbye to Scars with Scar Revision Surgery Here
Why is bioCorneum good for the treatment of scars?
- BioCorneum is great to be used in the treatment of the scar as it has SPF 30 which protects the scar from the darkening effects of UV rays. Apart from that it speeds up the maturation process of the scar.
- BioCorneum improves the appearance of the scarred area as it hydrates the area which allows the tissue to repair itself through the normal collagen synthesis.
- BioCorneum also relieves pain and itch associated with the scarred areas.
The bioCorneum has shown considerable difference on the scars. It has reduced the redness as well as the discoloration in scars. Apart from that it softens and flattens the scar.
Directions to apply:
The bioCorneum gel needs to be applied on the scarred areas in a very thin layer twice daily or as directed by your physician. For the older scar 90 days treatment is required and for new scars, 60 to 90 days. To get maximum results, the gel needs to be in contact with the scar for 24 hours. Post the application the gel dries quickly.
Also Read – Facial Scar Revision Treatments to Banish Scars Here
Benefits of using BioCorneum:
- Reduces the redness and discoloration of the scars
- It decreases the associated itch and discomfort
- BioCorneum is water resistant
- Softens and flattens the raised scars
- Once the gel dries, the cosmetics can be applied on it.
- Can be used easily on the face, hands, neck, chest, and other areas that are exposed to the sun
- Can be used in combination with the pressure garment or any other treatment option
- Can be used on flexures, irregular surfaces, joints, and also large scarred areas
- Make sure the gel is applied on the clean and dry area
- Apply a thin layer evenly twice daily, 30 minutes before sun exposure
- Allow the gel to absorb in the skin
- Consult a doctor before you use this gel especially for children below 6 years
Also Read – Know about Hypopigmented Scars and Their Treatment with Ginger Here