Are you frustrated that you can’t wear cropped t-shirts that will display the stretch marks on your abdomen? Do you always have to wear long dresses to cover up the stretch marks on your thighs and knees? Do you want to permanently get rid of those stubborn stretch marks and show off your flawless, sexy and beautiful body?
We’re here with great news for you! Those stretch marks will be long gone when you incorporate a few natural Ayurvedic home remedies in your daily skincare routine. Read ahead and we will show you how.
What Are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are narrow lines which develop on the skin’s surface when a person gains weight very quickly. They affect areas prone to weight gain such as the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, breasts, hips, upper arms and calves. Stretch marks develop during sudden and quick changes in body size. For example, a person is very likely to develop stretch marks during puberty, pregnancy, hormonal changes or a phase of rapid weight gain. Unfortunately, stretch marks are also a genetic condition.
What Causes Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks appear when skin is pulled and stretched to its maximum capacity. This causes the collagen to break down and the middle layer of the skin to tear. These ruptures, in hues of purple and red, are visible from the thin outer layer of the skin as stretch marks.
There are seven basic factors which cause stretch marks; they are:
- Hormonal changes
- Genetic predisposition
- Long term intake of chemical based medication
- Mineral and vitamin deficiency
If you are susceptible to stretch marks on the basis of these seven factors, or you have already become victim to ugly stretch mark scars, you can practice natural Ayurvedic home remedies to prevent and get rid of stretch marks.
Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
The first step to getting rid of stretch marks is your pro-activeness in treating them. The longer you wait, the longer it can take for those stubborn scars to disappear.
1. Massaging stretch marks with Olive Oil improves blood circulation in the affected areas, greatly reducing the narrow lines.
2. Moisturizing your skin daily with natural moisturizers like cocoa butter, almond oil, Vitamin E oil and lavender oil improves the elasticity and appearance of skin. It keeps skin hydrated; therefore, when moisturized skin gets stretched, it is less likely to tear.
3. Applying Aloe Vera gel to stretch marks lightens them and finally reduces them to nothing.
4. Neem leaves can be used in bathwater or grinded into a paste which can be applied directly to the affected areas or even consumed orally to eliminate stretch marks.
5. Using Sandalwood to cure stretch marks is considered as one of the most effective remedies. Sandalwood cools the skin and strengthens its elasticity. The use of sandalwood even before stretch marks can occur is useful in the complete prevention of stretch marks. Sandalwood paste helps lighten and get rid of stubborn stretch marks.
It is often said that prevention is better than cure and stretch marks can definitely be prevented by weight management and a daily skin moisturizing routine. However, stretch marks cannot always be prevented, especially during pregnancy. In such scenarios put these natural Ayurvedic home remedies into practice.
It is true that like any other scar, stretch marks fade and disappear over time. But, if you can work your way to zero stretch marks quickly and get into those cropped t-shirts, shorts, swimsuits, miniskirts and short dresses within a shorter time frame, then why not?
Image Credit – 1