The need to look best and in great shape just does not limit to celebrities, in this age nobody wants to compromise on their looks. People are ready to do no matter what it takes. So when there is demand naturally the supply would be there too. Toned body is something that is quite achievable with plastic surgery. One such trending option is upper arm lift.
Upper arm is very important part of the body and flabby arms are just a put off. A nice toned upper arm is very attractive and adds oodles of charm to your whole personality. Sagging upper arms are a very bad sight and spoil your whole personality. Upper arm lift is also called as brachioplasty. It basically gets rid of the excess fat from the upper arm- the under portion of the upper arm to be precise. It reshapes and enhances your upper arms.
Also Read – All you wanted to know about Body Sculpture Toning Lotion Here
Benefits of upper arm lift?
Upper arm lift takes care of the excess sagging skin by eliminating the excess skin which has lost elasticity. Every year several people undergo upper arm lift and get successful results. This procedure will do the following:
- Decrease the excess sagging skin that droops or hangs downwards whenever the arms are extended away from the body.
- It helps to tighten as well as smoothen, the underlying supportive tissue which defines the shape of the upper arm.
- Apart from that any kind of certain localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region can be reduced through this procedure, generally in conjunction with liposuction techniques.
Candidates who can get an upper arm lift are:
Both men and women develop the upper arm sagging issue therefore this procedure is done for both.
- An adult with an ideal weight is a good candidate. The person should not be overweight.
- Healthy individuals who are driven by positivity and realistic goals in terms of upper arm lift results.
- People who are non-smokers
- Those Individuals who are committed to lead a healthy lifestyle along with a proper nutrition are good candidates.
- People who do not have any kind of medical history that can hamper the procedure or increase the risk of surgery
The average cost of an upper arm lift is $3,729, as per the 2013 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Also Read – Lift Your Skin Naturally with These 5 Homemade Face Packs Here
Upper arm lift/brachioplasty- the procedure:
- The upper arm lift is a surgical procedure done under general anesthesia. The procedure takes one to two hours to be performed.
- The plastic surgeon will make incisions on the inside or back of your arm. The incision may extend from the underarm to above the elbow depending on the amount of excess skin.
- Prior to the incision, liposuction may be done to remove excess fat. Excessive skin will be removed, tightened and sutured into place with the help of deep sutures that are absorbable.
The result of an arm lift surgery will be long-lasting, if a stable weight and fitness is maintained. Eventually when your body ages, you might lose the firmness from your arms otherwise the results from the procedure is relatively permanent.
Post upper arm lift procedure, the arms might be swollen as well as bruised and you will feel the discomfort too, this can be controlled with medications. Your arms might be required to be kept in an elevated position for a few days and then start light walking in order to negate chances of the potential for blood clots and other complications. You will be advised not to lift heavy objects and limit the range of upper arm motion until the healing is complete.
Risks of the surgery:
- Blood clots
Side effects of the upper arm lift:
- Loss of sensation
- Seromas (fluid filled masses along the incision line)
Also Read – How to Tighten and Tone Your Body? – 10 Tips for You Here