Jasmine oil is extracted from the Jasmine Flower and is an exotic sweet smelling oil. Its enchanting fragrance has resulted in it being used for ages as a perfume. Jasmine oil emits a fragrance that is womanly and intriguing. However, there are many other features to Jasmine oil other than its fragrance which help in enhancing one’s skin. We tell you here the benefits of Jasmine Essential Oil for the skin and how to use it.
- Jasmine essential oil helps in calming the mind and body. Mix 2 drops of jasmine essential oil in a carrier oil like grape-seed oil or jojoba oil or with your regular massage oil like coconut oil or almond oil. Massage your skin well with this mixture and soak in the fragrance of the oil. It relaxes your nerves and automatically makes you look more energetic and upbeat.
- A good and regular massage with a Vitamin E rich oil like almond oil with a few drops of jasmine oil infused in it helps improve the elasticity of the skin. This will help you get rid of stretch marks and prevent new ones from coming. It also helps smooth out wrinkles and make the skin supple.
- Since jasmine oil aids in relaxation, a regular massage with jasmine oil helps improve your skin tone and erase your worry lines.
- It also helps in treating very dry skin when mixed with a carrier oil and used for a massage.
- Jasmine oil has antiseptic properties. It helps cleanse your skin of its impurities. Add a few drops of it in your toner or mix a few drops into your cleansing milk and use on a daily basis for a well cleansed skin.
- Just as with wrinkles, it also helps in filling out scars and healing them. Mix 6 drops of jasmine oil in 30 ml of jojoba oil and store. Use this oil to massage your face to get rid of scars.
Read about benefits of Jojoba oil here
- Mix in a few drops of jasmine essential oil in your body lotion and shake well. You have a fragrant and nourishing body lotion for use now.
- Adding some jasmine essential oil into your bath water not just helps you relax, it also moisturizes your skin and keeps it soft.
- Jasmine oil has effective germicidal and fungicidal properties. Use a few drops in your hand sanitizer for a fragrant germ prevention. Apply it on open wounds to prevent any tetanus infection and to stop them from becoming septic.
- If you have sensitive skin and do not want to irritate your skin with any chemical product, then a bottle of virgin coconut oil mixed with a few drops of jasmine oil is the best skin care product for you. It will not only nourish your skin and keep infections at bay, it will also keep you sweet smelling throughout the day.
Also read uses for Jasmine Essential Oil for the Hair here
That said, make sure that you do not overdose on this sweet smelling oil. It is known to induce sleep and cause temporary loss of focus if used in larger quantities. Always stick to one drop per application and try using it during the night when it will be both restorative on your skin and also will help you have an undisturbed sleep.
Image credit: Featured, 1, 2