Herbal beauty experts and grandmothers in India will vouch for the magical qualities of Neem leaves to get a glowing skin and manage all skin problems. Neem leaves are anti- bacterial, anti- fungal and anti-inflammatory and a Neem face pack can manage acne and pigmentation issues.
Why choose Neem for a face pack?
Neem is the best natural medicine for the skin. It is readily available in India and can be the cheapest beauty product for various skin issues that you might be facing. Even a simple Neem paste if applied to your skin can work like a magic on skin disorders, and blemishes. All herbal facials also generally include Neem.
A Neem face pack can help you clear all acne, dry all white heads and reduce the visibility of pores. Neem is also believed to prevent wrinkles and fine lines and is the best natural skin toner. Neem possesses exceptional bleaching and oil-controlling properties. The regular use of Neem face packs at home can control the secretion of sebum and thus be the answer for excessively oily skin.
Combining of Neem with other natural products for beauty remedies
Neem paste can be combined with other natural ingredients to achieve specific skin benefits. These other ingredients can be added to a Neem face pack considering factors like skin type and the specific nature of the problem.
If this is the first time you are using a Neem face pack, first use it on a small area of skin patch to ensure that you do not develop any allergy or rash.
Some easy Neem face packs at home
1. Neem and Tulsi (Indian Basil) pack – the traditional secret
- Use a handful of Neem leaves and Tulsi leaves and dry them in sunlight and then blend them to obtain a fine powder.
- Add some honey if you have dry or normal skin and if your skin is oily skin can add some sandalwood powder instead.
- Apply this pack covering the face and then scrub it off gently in circular motions.
- Rinse with cool water once dry.
2. For Enlarged Pores
Neem leaves can be used as an effective remedy for clogged and enlarged pores related issues like blackheads and whiteheads.
- Prepare a mixture of Neem leaves with orange rind.
- Make a pulp and then add honey, soy milk and yoghurt.
- Apply this face pack thrice a week to the affected areas to get rid of all issues related to facial pores.
3. For Blemishes
Blemishes are dark patches or marks on the face as a result of clogged pores pimples or boils. Use this face pack if you have blemishes.
- Dry a few Neem leaves in shade and blend them into fine powder.
- Add 2 tsp. of rose water and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and gently scrub.
- Rinse off with cool water when dry.
4. For Acne
Acne is such a common skin disease that everyone struggles with pimples some time or the other. Acne is mostly caused by hormonal imbalance and if left unattended it may lead to permanent scars. This is an effective Neem pack for acne and pimples.
- Boil some water in a deep pan and add a cupful of clean Neem leaves to it.
- Once the leaves get soft pound them gently into a wishy-washy pulp.
- Add some honey and yogurt to the pulp and mix together thoroughly.
- Wash your face with a face wash and pat it dry.
- Apply the pack on your face and let it dry.
- Wash with cold water and look at your new glowing face in a mirror.
Also Read -Neem for Acne and Pimple Treatments here
5. For Glowing Skin
- Use a little dried Neem powder and gram’s flour (besan) to make a fine paste.
- Add a tsp of yoghurt to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this pack for 20 minutes.
- Once the pack dries off, wash off with cool water.
- Done twice a week this can surely give you a clear and smooth skin.
Also Read – 5 Beauty Benefits of Neem Leaves Here
Image Credit – 1