The one show stopper to almost all kinds of hair and looks is the ever increasing hair breakage. Because of our tiring work structure and bad hair habits, almost all of us suffer from intense hair breakage leading to damaged hair especially at the hair tips.
Our hair is made up of protein and all the pollution around us coupled with our bad hair habits like shampooing daily, blow drying all the time and chemical products usage have rendered hair breakage to be a common problem faced by everyone today.
Read on to find out about few homemade remedies that are quick to follow, easy and hassle free and leave you with breakage free hair.
1. Oiling before Shampoo – This is by far the most simplest of the remedies. Always oil your hair overnight preferably with Olive oil, Almond oil or Coconut oil before you wash your hair next day. It is ideal to mix all three oils and warm it for a few minutes before applying. This considerably reduces breakage of your hair.
2. Mayonnaise and Avocado Hair Mask – Mix 1 cup mayonnaise with half Avocado. Apply this mask on your hair evenly and let it dry for 30 minutes. Apply a hot towel over the masked hair. Use this mask twice a week for maximum impact.
3. Mayonnaise Egg Hair Mask – Make a paste of mayonnaise and Egg in a bowl by using 2 eggs and half a cup of mayonnaise. Apply the paste thoroughly on your hair by taking each strand in your hand and covering it with this mask. Apply warm towel on the masked hair. Let this stay for almost an hour and then rinse it off with cold water. This will lead to breakage free hair with lot of shine too.
4. Coconut Oil with Curry leaves Hair Mask – Coconut is a great strengthener for your hair. Mix coconut oil with few curry leaves. Boil this mixture till a black residue is formed, take out this black residual paste and apply it to your hair. This can be used upto twice a week for strong and breakage free hair.
5. Banana Hair Mask – Banana again is a natural smoothener and strengthener of your hair. Take a ripe banana, peel it and convert it into a paste. Apply it evenly over your hair and let it dry off for around an hour. Wash it with cold water and experience the difference in your hair texture.
6. Burdock Root Oil Hair Mask – This is one of the few masks that treat not only your hair but your scalp too. You need to mix 1 spoon of rosemary, basil, olive oil and lavender oil. To that you have to add 1 spoon of aloe vera gel and burdock oil. Warm this paste for few minutes and apply and massage it gently over your scalp and on your hair. Leave it for as long as you can and then shampoo and wash it. This can be done once every week to get lesser hair breakage and bouncy hair.
7. Egg and Yoghurt Hair mask – Take one egg and mix it with half a cup of Yoghurt. Add one spoon of olive oil to this. Apply this paste on your hair uniformly. Once this mask dries off, rinse it with cold water for stronger hair.
8. Egg Yolk and Olive Oil mask – Take out yolks out of two eggs and mix only the yolk with 4-5 spoons of olive oil. Apply this mask on your hair and let your hair dry off for 20 minutes. Rinse with water and use a light shampoo to remove the Egg smell.
Also read – 10 Hair Care Mistakes to Avoid Here
Image Credit – Featured, 1