Acne can be a stubborn beast clinging onto your skin and making your life miserable. If you have tried all kinds of over the counter remedies without any luck, then we think that it is time to go natural and try something that will weed out the cause of acne from the roots. One such way is to use apple cider vinegar. It is a natural antiseptic that has a whole lot of benefits ranging from fighting acne, conditioning hair to helping with weight loss and is widely used by celebrities like Scarlett Johansson. In today’s post, lets see how to go about clearing acne with apple cider vinegar.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar is a vinegar made from fermented apple juice. It has an amber color and a strong flavor and sour taste from the acetic acid and malic acid content.
How can apple cider vinegar help with acne?
Diluted apple cider vinegar has a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 which is close to the pH of our skin. Our skin is stripped of its natural pH balance after being subjected to soaps and face washes. When the natural pH balance of the skin is disturbed, it behaves in a bizarre way since it becomes vulnerable to irritation and infections. The key to great skin that is problem free is to restore the pH balance of the skin. Applying ACV helps with just that. It also helps in shedding of the dead skin and makes sure that your pores are not blocked. This prevents the formation of blackheads and whiteheads. Not only that, apple cider vinegar also has antiseptic properties which will keep skin infections at bay.
Read more about remedies to remove whiteheads here
How can I Clear acne with Apple Cider Vinegar?
Clearing acne with apple cider vinegar is not an overnight process. Over time, upon daily use, you will certainly see changes in your skin tone and reduction in the acne. Apple cider vinegar is edible and is also great for weight loss. There are many ways to use ACV. We tell you the possible ways of clearing acne with apple cider vinegar.
- The first thing to remember is to always buy organic apple cider vinegar.
- Consume: Mix one part ACV with 4 parts of water and drink this mixture the first thing every morning. ACV helps in flushing out the toxins from the body and helps cleanse your system from the inside. This automatically reflects on your skin.
- Toner: Mix one part of ACV in a bottle with 2 parts of distilled water and shake well. Use this mixture as a toner every morning and night, after cleansing your face. The apple cider vinegar will restore the pH of the skin, clear the pores and also fight acne causing bacteria.
- Scrub: Mix one tsp of ACV with 2 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of honey. Mix them well and use it on damp skin as a scrub. Doing this weekly will help clear all the pores and slough off dead skin.
- Face mask: Mix 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar with 2 tsp of fullers earth and 1 tsp of honey. Dilute further with water if needed. Apply this as a mask all over the face and leave it to dry. Rinse off after 15 minutes. This mask cleanses the pores and absorbs excess oils from the skin and prevents acne.
- Topical application: If your acne is very severe, then you can apply a 1:1 mixture of ACV and water topically on the acne and leave it overnight for best results.
Apple cider vinegar is an all natural product with many beauty and utility benefits. Make sure that you always have a bottle handy in the pantry and use it regularly to keep glowing! Tell us if you know of any other ways to use ACV to treat acne.
Read more bout using ACV for skin lightening here
Image credit: Featured, 1, 2