Spider veins- the term itself sounds awful, right? The condition is as awful as the name; people who suffer from it know it best. It is difficult to deal with spider veins though there is no health hazard from it; it is a condition which is visible to all and tends to give an impression of a serious condition.
It is better that people who are going through this condition, get it treated before it gets too late. Concealing the issue will only land you up in worse situations. Apart from the fact that it is visually a dreadful site, also causes a great deal of discomfort and pain to the person.
What are spider veins?
Spider veins are the small dilated vessels close to the exterior of the skin. They have the tendency to develop anywhere on the body however most commonly they appear on legs, face, cheeks, chin, nose or around the face.
What causes spider veins?
It can be hereditary or because of obesity, side effects of birth control pills, hormonal imbalance, result of wearing tight clothes, hormonal alternative due to menopause, and sudden weight gain during pregnancy etc. Basically it happens when the blood is not pushed back to the heart at the required speed due to which certain fluid gets stuck in the veins, which eventually takes the shape of spider veins or varicose veins.
How can we get rid of spider veins?
In order to chuck out the spider veins we need to basically enhance the blood circulation of that particular area and also the whole body. Below we have mentioned the different ways to get rid of the spider veins:
1. Compression stockings: Compression stockings are known to improve the blood circulation and are very much proved to treat spider veins. High pressure socks needs to be used for treating spider veins and to evade them low pressure socks needs to be used.
2. Lose weight: Losing weight is very important if you are overweight- the reason being, if you are over weight, naturally your legs will be under immense pressure which will pave way to the formation of spider veins.
Also Read – Foods that Cut Fat from Your Body Here
3. Include antioxidants in your diet: Antioxidants are very important to maintain healthy veins. Therefore include a diet that is high on antioxidants.
4. Apple cider vinegar: If you want to reduce the spider veins, then simply apply the apple cider vinegar over the spider veins or you can place a cloth soaked in apple cider vinegar on them for around half an hour.
Also Read – The Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar Here
5. Do not sit in the same position for too long: Sitting in a same position for too long builds up pressure on the legs. Maintain a good posture and move your legs often. This way you can decrease the formation of spider veins.
6. Dump your heels: Heels adversely affect the posture of the leg putting pressure on the legs in turn causing stress to the veins. This will cause spider veins, and the people who already have it will worsen the situation by wearing heels.
7. Reduce your salt intake: Excessive salt intake will cause spider veins, therefore reduce your everyday salt consumption.
8. Olive oil massage: A good massage is the best way to increase blood circulation. Take some olive oil, heat it a little until warm and then massage it on the area that has spider veins for some time. Do this regularly to get rid of spider veins.
Also Read – Pamper Your Skin and Hair with Extra Virgin Olive Oil Here
9. Have oranges and grapefruits: Citrus bioflavonoids are very significant in decreasing the spider veins. Oranges and grapefruits are rich in this hence have these fruits regularly.
10. Keep the legs elevated while sleeping: If the legs are placed in an elevated position while sleeping it is good as that helps circulation and relieves the pressure from the legs in turn facilitating good blood circulation, if done regularly, it can decrease the appearance of spider veins.
Maintaining a healthy and good lifestyle is the ultimate way of keeping the spider veins or varicose veins under control.
Image Credits – Featured, 1