“If there is one thing you must do as a beauty staple, whether you wear a little or a lot of makeup, use an eyelash curler. A good eyelash curler will open the eyes, multiply the appearance of the lashes, and bring great emphasis and freshness to the eyes.” An eyelash or simply lash is one of the hair that grow at the edge of our eyelids. Eyelashes protect our eye from debris and perform the same function as whiskers do on a cat or a mouse in the sense that they are sensitive to being touched or any other animals with similar protective hair, thus providing a warning that an object is near the eye.
Types of Eyelash Curlers
An eyelash curler is a hand-operated mechanical device for curling eyelashes for cosmetic purposes. Usually the upper eyelashes are curled. Eyelash curlers are usually made of metal, and often have rubber pads where the curlers make contact with the lashes.
Also Read: What eyebrow shape should you get done? Here
Heated eyelash curlers:
Self-heating, battery-operated units are available where the heated eyelash curler heats up with the power of 1 AAA battery.
What they do:
- These compact curlers add an instant, extreme curve to lashes.
- The safe, sleek and modern design is easy to use and fits perfectly to the shape of our eye.
How to use?
One can use an eyelash curler, which will not be warm or a heated eyelash curler, after warming up.To get the best results it is recommended to use one after heating up because it lasts longer. However, it is very important to be cautious of the heat you warm it up to so that it doesn’t burn. To avoid the dangers of burning the eyelid from the metal curler many companies have introduced the plastic based curlers and to further advance that some of the companies are looking into introducing the self-heated curlers to control the amount of heat and completely avoid the burn.
Advantages of an eyelash curler:
- Eyelash curlers are a good make up kit tool because they gives the illusion of bigger and brighter eyes and helps lengthen the eyelashes.
- When it is applied using different tactics like heavier on the outer corner eyelashes it gives a different and well defined shape to the eyes.
- It is easy to use without professional training and is not very expensive to purchase along with this it is not a very big tool so it can be comfortably placed in your makeup bag.
Also Read: Best Under Eye Creams For Dark Circles Here
Disadvantages of an eyelash curler:
- Amongst many advantages there are some disadvantages to the eyelash curler.
- If not used with care to only curl the eyelashes but pulling on them while curling can lead to weakening of the roots.
- This may result in eyelashes becoming weak and eventually lead to shedding which can be very bad for an eye because they protect the eye from wind and dust and don’t grow back so quickly.
- Sometimes it can lead to accidents where a user can pinch the eyelid and depending on the amount of pressure they apply can cause a serious injury to the eye.
Advantages of a heated eyelash curler:
- An advantage of heated eyelash curlers over traditional eyelash curlers is that they are gentle and do not pull or break lashes.
- They hold for a longer period of time.
- Also worth considering is that they tend to make eyelashes curlier than traditional eyelash curlers do.
Disadvantages of a heated eyelash curler:
- They require batteries to run, which need maintenance in terms of replacement on time for smooth functioning.
- Also, since they get quite hot, there is the possibility to cause serious burns to the eyelid especially the ones made of metal can be seriously dangerous while warm.
Also Read: Why do I need to Use Eye Cream Here