Evolence is a collagen based injection that is used as a dermal filler. It was among the earliest dermal fillers to get FDA approval. Evolence helps in ironing out creases in the skin as well as deep folds. It has also been used to augment lips and to make them appear fuller. We tell you here all about the evolence injections and their benefits, cost and side effects.
What is Evolence?
Evolence is a dermal filler that is made from the collagen that is of porcine origin. This natural collagen is subjected to cross-linking with sugars through Glymatrix technology. The cross-linking makes the filler strong, durable and long-lasting in the skin. It is a yellowish colored gel-like substance that is deposited into the skin through an injection.
Read more about how collagen can help stretch marks here
How do Evolence injections work
Collagen is a naturally occurring material in the body that provides elasticity and cushioning to the skin. About 80% of our skin is made from collagen. When collagen levels deplete with age, the skin starts getting folds and wrinkles. Evolence injections replenish the collagen levels in the skin and help erase the wrinkles and deep folds. They are known to be especially effective in softening the nasolabial folds or the smile line.
What does the procedure entail?
Before administering the injection, the doctor would give you local anesthesia or a cream to numb the site of injection.
The Evolence Injections are safe to be used on the skin without any tests needed for allergy. The gel is injected into the dermis to correct wrinkles and folds. The filler then binds with the collagen under your skin to form a strong bond and increases the volume under your skin. This in turn causes the wrinkles to be filled and makes your skin appear firmer.
The entire process takes less than an hour after which you can resume your regular activity. You can see the results once the swelling or redness from the injections subsides. The results of the dermal filler last you a good 6-8 months.
Cost of Evolence treatment?
The injections cost about $500 to $700 per syringe. You may need one or more of them depending on the extent of aging on your face. You would also have to pay your surgeon’s fee along side which differs from surgeon to surgeon.
Benefits of Evolence Treatment
- Evolence is a cost effective dermal filler.
- It helps fade your wrinkles and skin folds for 6-8 months.
- The filler is safe to be used and does not cause any kind of reactions in the body.
- If done correctly, the filler treatment looks natural as it improves the contours of the face.
Side Effects of Evolence Treatment
- The procedure as such is almost painless. There might be some bruising at the site of the injections which normally subsides in a day or two.
- There have been reports of the material clumping up under the skin after a couple of months of the treatment, making the skin look uneven. Many women have had lumps of almost 1 cm diameter that look unsightly under the skin. This occurs due to the stiff molecular formation of Evolence.
The side effect is one of the reasons that the product was withdrawn from the US recently. There have been many more advancements in the dermal fillers field since the introduction of Evolence. You can find our comprehensive guide to dermal fillers here.