Planning for a weekend party? But what to do with your dry, dull and tired-looking skin? Don’t worry. Just give it a dose of this DIY homemade cucumber-honey and yogurt facial mask and you are ready to steal the limelight. This revitalizing and super nourishing mask is not only easy to make, but also quite cheap. Here is the recipe for you:
Cucumber Honey and Yogurt Facial Mask Recipe
Here is the super easy recipe for the hydrating and invigorating cucumber-honey-yogurt facial mask:
(a) Ingredients Required:
- Cucumber – half of a large one
- Manuka Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Plain Greek yogurt – 1 tablespoon
Also Read – Get Healthy, Beautiful Skin with 8 Homemade Egg Face Packs and Masks Here
(b) Stepwise Method:
- Wash, peel and cut the cucumber into small pieces. A couple of (1/4) inch slices will be good for putting inside the blender or food processor and making a thick puree.
- Add the plain Greek yogurt to it. Also, pour the Manuka honey and mix well to form a rich paste-like mask.
- Now, prepare your skin of face and neck by cleansing and washing it properly. Make use of a gentle facial cleanser that won’t dry out your skin.
- Apply the paste all over the cleansed skin to form an even coating. Rubbing the skin gently with the mask by using fingers will also do.
- Let it sit at least for 15 minutes. If you wish, you can also apply some more mask after waiting for 5 minutes and leave the whole thing for next 10 minutes.
- Once the mask dries completely, splash lukewarm water and rinse it off. If it feels sticky, simply take a soft cotton cloth and buff gently. Follow it by a cold water rinse too. It will help your skin pores to get closed.
- Finally, tone up your facial skin with a good toner and apply an effective moisturizer.
Also Read – 3 Super Easy Homemade Peel-Off Masks to Clear Blackheads Here
Benefits of Cucumber Honey and Yogurt Mask
There are lots of skin-nourishing natural ingredients that you can use to prepare facial masks. But if you want to know the specialty of this particular mask, you have to take a look at the skin benefits of its ingredients, such as Greek yogurt, Manuka honey and cucumber. Here we go:
- Greek yogurt: It contains lactic acid, which renews the skin by exfoliating the uppermost layer and reduces signs of aging. The protein, enzyme and probiotic contents of yogurt balance the pH of our skin, regulate the production of oil or sebum, and keep it moisturized as well as blemish-free. Being anti-microbial, it can help us steer clear of unexpected breakouts. It is also a great astringent, which helps as a natural toner.
- Manuka honey: Manuka honey is one of the best types of pure natural honey, which comes with excellent antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-septic properties to keep your skin free of acne, pimples and infections. Its antioxidant quality helps in keeping the age at bay and its moisturizing nature offers extensive hydration to the skin.
- Cucumber: This magic fruit contains lots of antioxidants, which maintain the pH balance of the skin, retain its natural moisture, and keep various signs of aging away. It usage gives us a glowing skin as the vitamin A content takes part in controlling the melanin production. Apart from this, it cleanses our skin, soothes it, makes it refreshed and reduces puffiness.
Do it at least once every week and get a dazzling skin naturally!
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2