In today’s life, luxury is time and space. Managing your time effectively and optimizing space in the kitchen can be a nightmare. How do we make the most out of our kitchen? While we try multiple hacks right from installing wall cabinets to wall-mounted dish racks to squeeze more space out of a tiny kitchen, the problem can be managed by an ordinary shelving unit, such as stainless steel kitchen shelves.
Why Stainless Steel Kitchen Shelves are Better?
In order to properly manage the area in the kitchen, you can purchase additional bulky cabinets or invest in shelves with extra drawers. Both options can add functionality and efficiency. However, an ordinary shelving unit will definitely cope with this task in a better way. Let’s understand why stainless steel kitchen shelves are better?
1. Optimal Storage – Stainless steel kitchen shelves are versatile and come with multiple options to optimize space – wall-mounted, pan rack with wheel, double tier, microwave wall shelves, etc.
2. Scratch-proof – Stainless steel kitchen shelves are scratch proof and can resist collision and damage from sharp objects.
3. Free from Rust – Stainless steel kitchen shelves are free from the rust attack even it comes with damp objects and water.
4. East to clean – This can be cleaned easily with mild soap and water.
5. Germ resistant – Because of their non-porous properties, stainless steel kitchen shelves are safe from bacteria and other germs and provide better protection compared to wooden shelve.
6. Versatility – You can quickly move stainless steel kitchen shelves depending on the availability of space and it goes well with any kind of design whether you have wooden cabinets or a modern modular kitchen.
How to Pick the Right Stainless Steel Shelves?
First of all, you need to determine the purpose of the future steel structure for storage. Perhaps you need a wire basket for storing vegetables and perishable ingredients. Or maybe, there is not enough space for the comfortable placement of napkins and towels. Or you need to place appliances, dishes, and gadgets at hand? The most common option to cope with these tasks is wall mounted stainless steel kitchen shelves.
Here are some tips on how to competently choose such a shelf and features to pay attention to in the first place:
1. Weight and dimensions of the steel unit, as you must be sure that stainless steel kitchen shelf perfectly fit the available space and won’t become an obstacle for you;
2. Type of edges and shelf shape: Choose those designs that will not cause any harm (e.g. sharp edges can be traumatic) and will simplify the cleaning routine;
3. Availability of extra accessories, for example, metal durable hooks, in case you want to hang some pots, pans, and dishes, or sideboards for preventing items from falling.
Selecting the Right Location For Stainless Steel Shelves?
1. The first thing to decide on is the spot where such a shelf will perfectly perform its functions. The location of such a piece of kitchen furniture should fully meet your needs.
2. The structure should not block the entrance to the room.
3. It is undesirable to place the shelf too close to the stove because this way you will risk cleanliness.
4. It is recommended to equip active work zones, as in this case, it will be possible to get the necessary items out of it without being distracted from the cooking process.
5. The mountings for these products can also be different. You can choose a suction cup shelf. It is quite a mobile solution. However, such construction is not as steady as stainless steel kitchen shelves fixed with such fasteners as screws or dowels.
Before attaching such a shelf, think carefully about the features of the attachment point, so the mounted shelf is stable enough.
Types of Stainless Steel Shelves
Wall-mounted designs are the most demanded structures that must be installed along a flat wall. But due to the specifics of the kitchen space, such furniture is not always a suitable option. What other options do business owners have for arranging the very heart of any restaurant — the kitchen:
- Complete shelving kits to maximize the area even more;
- Corner triangle models to save space by using empty corners;
- Hanging shelves to create a more open environment with easy-to-reach stuff.
Buy the long-lasting stainless steel storage unit to keep your working zones neatly arranged.
How to Clean Stainless Steel Kitchen Shelves?
Cleaning Stainless steel kitchen shelves is important and you can try following easy and effective methods
1. Take a cotton cloth and rinse it in warm water. Apply little dishwashing soap and wipe the area you want to clean. Once done, wipe the area again with a dry cotton cloth.
2. You can use a glass cleaner to remove dirt and oil from the shelves. However, make sure to clean it again with a cotton cloth damped in warm water.
3. You can also you a mild detergent or banking soda to clean your shelves.
4. Rubbing alcohol or olive oil could be a good alternative.
How to Squeeze Out More Space?
Alright! Now it’s time to further optimize your kitchen space. Let’s look at the following options to make your kitchen more efficient and spacious –
1. Corner Space – Try to utilize your corner space of the kitchen with corner shelving. This will create not only more space but also add balance and overall functionality.
2. Space above Refrigerator -Space above refrigerator often remains unutilized. Consider utilizing this space by installing wooden shelves.
3. Wall-mounted Storage – When you run out of space, consider using wall-mounted storage to keep your groceries and utensils.
4. Ceiling Height Kitchen Cabinets – Instead of installing a standard cabinet, go for Ceiling Height Kitchen Cabinets to create more space.
5. Ceiling Mounted Kitchen Shelves – Use your 5th wall (ceiling) to hang wine rack with glass holder and more.
Also Read – DIY: Homemade Liquid Dish Soap