Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV has long been used as a viable food ingredient. But at the same time, this unsweetened, non-alcoholic beverage can also be used for enhancing our health and beauty. You can use ACV either topically or orally. Topical application of ACV is quite common and we have already discussed it on Beautyglimpse. In this article, let us focus on the oral intake of ACV and how drinking it can benefit our skin:
How Does Oral Intake of ACV Promote Skin Health?
Regular consumption of apple cider vinegar can promote the health of your skin from inside and alleviate a number of skin related issues. Here is a list of potential skin benefits offered by ACV:
- It flushes out toxic materials from our body, which helps in purifying our blood. Due to these detox properties of ACV, it can keep our skin clean and prevent problems like acne, pimple and other breakouts.
- Being rich in malic acid as well as potassium, ACV improves our digestive health. It plays a key role in stimulating our gastrointestinal system and regularizing our metabolism, which eventually gives us blemish-free, flawless skin.
- ACV can balance the pH of our skin efficiently. As a result, it can restore its natural moisture and it gets toned up.
- ACV can reduce the secretion of our sebaceous glands, which helps in keeping extra oil and shine at bay.
- The presence of high amount of sulphur and amazing acidic properties of ACV can dry out blemishes and drive away age spots. Consequently, we get a fresh layer of skin upon regular intake.
Also Read – Apple Cider Vinegar- The Best Choice for Skin Lightening Here
How to Choose the Best ACV for Oral Intake?
It is always better to choose raw and organic apple cider vinegar than the chemically processed ones. According to scientists, organic apple cider vinegar is kept unfiltered as well as unpasteurized, which helps it retain all its nutritional values. As a result, we can make the most of its therapeutic properties by taking it orally in a regular manner.
Also Read – Join the Detox Bandwagon with Apple Cider Vinegar Here
How to Take ACV Orally for Beautifying Skin?
Apple cider vinegar is basically an acidic substance. Hence, it is important that you drink it the right way and in right amount. Here are a few methods that you can adopt:
- Take a glass of drinking water (either normal or lukewarm) and add 1 to 3 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar to it depending upon how much you can consume at a time. Drink this concoction before each time you have your meal.
- Take a cup of warm drinking water. Add 1 to 3 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoons of pure organic honey to it. Consume it every morning and evening as a refreshing tea.
- Blend a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with your regular juice or drink.
- Mix with pure honey and flaxseed oil and sprinkle apple cider vinegar over your salad as a dressing.
However, never drink more than 3 teaspoons of ACV a day and get it diluted always prior to consuming.
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2