When it comes to the body parts worst affected by fat storage, thighs come right after tummy and waist. Due to the presence of the enzyme ‘lipase’ in them, thighs end up accumulating fat very fast. It makes them look sagging and unattractive. However, if you want to get rid of this condition, the thigh lift surgery will be a good consideration for you. Here is your brief guide to this:
What Is Thigh Lift Surgery?
Thigh lift surgery is a cosmetic procedure in which the thighs of a patient are reshaped and made proportionate to rest of the body by eliminating excess fat and discarding excess skin. Be it ugly fat bulges on outer thighs or pesky fat deposits under the drooping skin of inner thighs, this surgical lift can always help you get rid of them and achieve firmer youthful thighs with smoother skin. As a result, your lower body is contoured perfectly.
How Does It Work?
- Like most other cosmetic procedures, thigh lift also starts with either a general anesthesia or an intravenous sedation. It is then followed by creation of the incision in the groin area, which descends gradually to wrap around the rear section of the thigh.
- After that, the fat lying underneath the skin is removed and the tissue is reshaped efficiently. The excess skin is also discarded in order to offer a toned look.
- Finally, the incision is closed with the help of deep support sutures.
Also Read – Sort Out the Issues of Dark Inner Thighs Naturally Here
If you have flabby thighs with bags of fat, loose skin, lots of folds and uneven contours, you are the best person to opt for this surgery. You should also have good health, stable body weight and no smoking habit.
- The thighs are made sculpted by eliminating extra fat and the result is noticeable almost immediately.
- Initially, you may experience pain, swelling and bruising to some extent. The scar also looks deep and extensive. However, all these will fade over time.
- The outcomes will last long only if you maintain a fit body, stable weight and healthy lifestyle.
The scars developed from surgery will start healing in a couple of weeks, while you need to be in complete bed rest for at least first 10 days. It will take minimum 3 to 5 weeks to return to your regular schedule and 6 weeks to start strenuous activities.
Risks and Side Effects
There are quite a few common side effects or risks associated with the thigh lift surgery. These include pain, swelling, fluid accumulation, wound separation, infection, bleeding, anesthetic reactions, asymmetry, numbness, scarring, skin loosening, skin discoloration, fat necrosis, deep vein thrombosis, etc.
Also Read – Easy Cellulite Treatments to Get Cellulite Free Skin Here
- Gives firmer, toned up inner and outer thighs with perfect shape and structure.
- Offers a sculpted look to your legs.
- Tightens up the sagging skin and makes it smoother.
- Helps in body contouring, especially true for the lower segment of the body.
The cost of the thigh lift surgery varies widely depending upon the types, patterns and extent of incisions. However, it usually ranges between $1,500 and $5,000.
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2