Do you desire for a pair of full and sensual lips? Lip filler treatment may be the perfect way out for you. This exclusive aesthetic approach to enhancing your thin unattractive lips will give definition to your face and make you feel wonderful! Here is a brief guide to lip filler treatment for you:
What is Lip Filler Treatment?
Lip filler treatment is basically a cosmetic lip augmentation procedure in which a dermal filler is injected in certain sections of the lips for creating a desired volume as well as shape. The type of filler and the parts of the lips where the filler would be injected are selected by a professional depending upon the medical condition and requirements of the patient.
Different Types of Lip Filler
Although collagen was the first dermal filler to be used by cosmetologists, a number of safer, enduring and bodily neutral alternatives have taken its place these days. Hyaluronic acid fillers are considered as the most popular lip filler that can rectify the shape, form and volume of our lips perfectly thereby giving us an ideal pout. Common lip fillers available in the market include Restylane, Radiesse, Perlane, Aquamid, Juvederm, Artecoll, Particulated Dermis, Bio-Alcamid, Human Collagen, Porcine Collagen, Bovine Collagen, etc.
Also Read – The Best Way to Treat Sunburned Lips Here
How Does It Work?
At first, your medical history is checked and assessed by the cosmetologist for determining the perfect lip enhancement plan for you. Your lips and surrounding area are made numb by applying a local anaesthetic. Usually, the hyalouronic acid fillers also contain a local anaesthetic agent called lidocaine. It makes the entire process absolutely pain-free. Now, the filler is injected in the lips very carefully by using a fine needle. A cold pack is also applied immediately to reduce swelling as well as uneasiness.
The lip filler treatment takes as less time as half an hour to be performed and there is more or less no downtime. So, you can undergo it anywhere from your office to the chamber of a cosmetologist.
If we ignore the primary inflammation and discomfort, the results can be experienced almost immediately. You can enjoy the results of the treatment up to 6 months. After that, you should go for a maintenance treatment in order to keep up with your plump and beautiful lips.
Also Read – ‘Lip Plumpers’ – Should You Say ‘Yay’ or ‘Nay’ to Them? Here
• Do not ever press the treated area.
• Stop using all sorts of lip products.
• Avoid alcohol consumption and tiring exercise for minimum 1 day.
• Stay away from sun exposure, extreme heat or extreme cold
Side Effects and Risks
There are some temporary side-effects and risks associated with the method which include redness, infections, itching, inflammation, bruising, bleeding, soreness, ulceration, lip asymmetry, hard lumps, tissue loss, scarring, and so on.
The costs of lip filler treatment may vary depending upon the requirement of the patient as well as the filler used. Usually, it ranges between $500 and $2000 per session.
• Gives a pair of fuller, plumper lips with augmented ‘Cupid’s Bow’.
• Offers softer lip lines with perfect pout and beautiful smile.
• Being pain-free and less complicated, it is better than surgical lip enhancement procedure.
• There is very less or almost no downtime.
• Provides better control over the shape, structure of volume of the lips to be achieved.
• The risks or side effects associated with the method are less significant.
• Lesser possibility of developing allergic reactions.
• The results obtained are totally reversible.
• The costs involved are much lesser than its surgical counterparts.
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2