Aging is something that we can neither ignore nor prevent. But with advanced cosmetic procedures like laser treatments, we can surely take years off our faces and look younger. Wrinkle is the most annoying sign of aging that can be successfully eliminated with the help of laser wrinkle treatments. If you are still struggling with your OTC wrinkle creams, just take a break and go through this post. You will get to know all about those high-tech laser therapies to rejuvenate your skin.
What is Laser Wrinkle Treatment?
Laser wrinkle treatment is basically a powerful technology in which laser beams are used to make the tissues tighter and promote the production of collagen by either heating or vaporizing the layers of the skin. It makes the skin firmer, while eliminating signs of aging like deepest lines and wrinkles. Non-surgical procedure, negligible downtime and long-term effects are some of the most important features of the treatment.
Different Types of Lasers Wrinkle Treatment
There are three types of laser wrinkle treatments, each of which comes with varied level of smoothing. These are:
- Ablative Resurfacing – An effective method for removing deep wrinkles, in which a scar is formed on the skin due to the heat of the laser. It takes 2-3 weeks to heal.
- Non-Ablative Resurfacing – A less-intense process for reducing wrinkles at the primary stage. It does not cause wound on the skin. Hence, no recovery time is needed.
- Fractional Resurfacing – It is milder than ablative resurfacing, but offers deeper rejuvenation than the non-ablative one.
Also Read – Anti-Aging Tips: Facial Massage to Prevent Wrinkles Here
How Does the Procedure Work?
In the laser wrinkle treatment, pulses of small wave-length of micro laser light are applied directly on the skin for repairing the ‘aging support structure’. They penetrate the surface layer of the skin and go deeply into the sub-layers where wrinkles are generated. The damaged tissues are then replaced with the new ones (collagen and elastin) in a natural way. As a result, we get fresh, smooth, young-looking skin.
Who Can Go for the Treatment?
Those who want to get rid of facial lines, lipstick lines, frown lines, smoke’s lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles around d the mouth as well as eyes can opt for this highly effective treatment.
Treatment and Recovery Time
The time required for the treatment solely depends on the extent of damage. In general, a one-time session of 30 minutes can do for most of the people. The recovery time usually depends on the types of treatment chosen by the patient. Usually, it varies from 4 days to 3 weeks.
Also Read – Facewaver Exercise Mask – Say Goodbye to Wrinkle Here
Side Effects of Laser Wrinkle Treatment
- Swelling, inflammation and redness for the first couple of days.
- A little pain and bleeding in some cases.
- Some other potential side effects are skin discoloration, blistering, bruising, rashes, infection, peeling and scars.
Pros of Laser Wrinkle Treatment
- A non-surgical method that does not cause much pain or discomfort.
- Extremely effective solution for a wide range of wrinkle issues.
- Offers dramatic results while maintaining the natural looks of the patients.
- Recovery time is very short.
- A clinically-proven safe method for wrinkle removal that does not come with significant side effects.
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2