Have you been worried about vaginal odors for some time? Don’t panic, this is a common issue that most of the girls face at some point or the other.
This usually happens due to the foul-smelling discharge that happens from the vagina which is because of an overgrowth of yeast or bacteria. In medical terms, the issue is addressed as Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) and Vaginal Yeast Infections. Vaginal odor is a reason for embarrassment for girls and this is something a girl will not be comfortable talking about to anyone. The fact is that there are several solutions to the vaginal odor issue, so instead of worrying you should head to good gynaec or simple home remedies are there to your rescue. The vaginal odor often comes with certain symptoms like redness, itchiness in the vagina along with rusty or fishy smell.
What are the reasons for getting vaginal odor?
Here are certain common causes that lead to vaginal odor:
- Due to Bacterial vaginosis
- Due to Gonorrhea
- Consuming too much of sugary food
- Because of wearing tight clothes
- Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Genital herpes
- Using scented or harsh soaps
- Due to pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Due to Yeast infection
Here are some natural remedies that will help you deal with the vaginal odor:-
1. Yogurt: Yogurt is rich in lactobacillus, which is a healthy bacteria that clears the stomach from all infections and decreases the yeast infection present in the vagina. It restores the normal vaginal pH level that eliminates the vaginal odor. Therefore consume yogurt daily at least two cups.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar has a very good anti-bacterial property. All you need to do is soak yourself in a bath tub with lukewarm water along with some apple cider vinegar in it. Soak yourself for an hour. This will help in getting rid of the toxins and bacteria that will cause vaginal odor. Do this five times a week for great results.
3. Baking Soda: Mix 1 tbsp. of baking soda in 1 glass of Luke warm water and consume it. You can also try soaking yourself in lukewarm water with baking soda, this remedy too works well to get rid of vaginal odor.
4. Tea Tree Oil: Tea Tree Oil is also one of the best remedies to stop vaginal odor. Tea tree oil has strong antiseptic as well as anti-fungal property and that is the reason this one is a sure shot remedy. All you need to do is take 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil and dilute it in some water. Soak a tampon in this solution and place it inside your vagina for some time. You can do this an hour before taking bath.
5. Garlic: Garlic is also a natural antibiotic and helps a great deal to fight against vaginal odor. Eat garlic daily raw or cooked, the choice is yours. It is great if you have it on empty stomach followed by one glass of warm water. The good antifungal properties of garlic will help to fight against yeast infection as well as bacteria. An alternative option is to place a piece of garlic in the vagina for a couple of hours.
6. Water: Yes drinking water is one of the best way to fight vaginal odor. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday. Water helps in eliminating the toxins from the body naturally. Water also throws out the excess sugar in the body.
7. Cranberry juice: Cranberry juice is acidic in nature so it helps to lower the bacteria count in the body. Drink cranberry juice daily to get rid of vaginal odor. This will help in detoxifying the body as well. A simple glass of unsweetened cranberry juice will fight against the vaginal odor naturally.
8. Guava Leaves: Guava Leaves are rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. They are rich in antioxidants too. Guava leaves has to be boiled in water and when cooled you should rinse your vagina with this water twice every day.
Also Read – All Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Dryness
Image Credit – Featured, 1