“Puffs, powders, patches, bibles, billet-doux” -Alexander Pope. This line penned by Alexander Pope in his epic, ‘The Rape of The Lock’ could be used as a classic literary excerpt to portray the religiosity towards fashion in the 17th Century. Style gets elevated to the level of religion through the magical lines, and religion (Bible) is brought to this very triviality!!!
And why not…the ensanguined glare of some lipstick is enough to unarm the greatest warriors !!! If you are obsessed with makeup, you might be a makeup addict. In that case, you might need to get more information on drug addiction treatment in San Antonio and find out if they treat makeup addiction.
Mankind has always celebrated and revered the divine qualities of women… Merriam-Webster defined beauty as “the Qualities and aggregate of Qualities of a person.”
Beauty should not only be narrowed down to external glitter and glare. Knowledge, Passion, Compassion, Intelligence, Wisdom, and all similar human qualities make a human being Beautiful. Women possess the aforementioned qualities much more than ruff and tuff men. Women are beautiful by God’s Grace.
Pros And Cons Of Makeup
Everything in the world has both sides of the Coin. They have their advantages as well as disadvantages. The same goes for Makeup. Here are some of the benefits of Makeup.
1. Makeup is done to elevate external beauty. You do make-up simply because you want to look more beautiful than natural.
2. This needs to be said that every individual is born with beauty. Nobody is ugly in this world, as beauty transcends the boundaries of mere externalities.
Still, if you think yourself insecure, you resort to Making up to allay the storm of insecurity within yourself.
3. In most Countries, wearing makeup is considered a social norm. As a result, women through the ages are wearing makeup to enhance external glare.
4. Many people feel good and confident in doing makeup. This is because makeup motivates people from within.
5. Another Triviality! Men like makeup on women, and that’s why many women get a chance to find a partner (though some find only internal beauty).
6. Makeup techniques help an individual to take beautiful pictures.
Amidst these positives, there are solid points against makeup. We know you will not like them all!
1. Firstly, spending vast amounts of financial resources on beautification is not recommended.
2. It was found in a study that makeup could damage your skin faster.
3. Most makeup product elements are made up of chemicals that might negatively impact your skin. These harmful substances possess the capacity to damage your skin for good!!
4. It is time-consuming to engage in makeup. This is probably why girls need more time than boys to make up and beautify themselves before attending an event.
5. You have not been that beauty cornered, but you are now educating and updating yourself on beauty products to fit in with your peers. Unfortunately, learning and updating yourself on contemporary or trendy cosmetics takes quite some time.
6. Scientific studies indicate potential adverse health effects relating to using makeup. So this thing needs to be kept in mind.
7. Lastly, because makeup elements are made up of harmful chemicals, it causes an allergic reaction to your sensitive skin. You might experience dry skin and wrinkles.
Therefore if you have a sort of obsession with makeup, you need to be mindful of all the negativities.
Are there multiple shampoos in your shower caddy? Do you constantly collect face creams and beauty kits from different companies but use only one? Are you being accused of having a bathroom that looks like a beauty salon?
I fear you have turned yourself to be a COSMOHOLIC. This defines that you are engaged too much rather than being possessed by and obsessed with beautifying yourself every day, all the time. According to Dr. Ranae Reinardy, the Lakeside Center for Behavioral Changes founder, some people tend to overspend, hoarding beauty products from the market.
These are tendencies of psychological disorders like Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCDs), Compulsive Spending, Anxiety, and even Depression.
Signs That You Are A Makeup Addict
Here are sure signs that will establish that you have become a beauty addict.
1. If you see someone wearing beautiful nail polish, you would rush to her and make friends with her to know the brand and source of availability.
2. If you constantly organize and arrange your lipstick collection by color or brand, you’ve become makeup addicted.
3. You feel sad that after you bought your favorite deodorant, the company offered a discount on the product.
4. You constantly try out different products and stand before the mirror, and it’s like a compulsory ritual.
5. You become rude when someone accolades your natural beauty, not those without makeup. They say,” You look good without makeup !” The moment you hear these comments, you feel tremors inside you.
6. You spend your hard-earned money buying the expensive products your TV and Film stars use.
7. Sometimes, you do not know much about film stars, but you still follow their styles.
8. You tend to wait impatiently for your favorite collection to come at discounted prices. But, then, you can’t resist your inner urge to collect them immediately when they are out on the market.
9. You keep practicing your eyeliner application tricks to master them quickly.
If you feel from inside that, you have developed the aforementioned habits with time; you will have to agree that it is not all good. This could not be counted as natural. You need to consult a psychologist better. It’s not too late. But overlooking it will invite unforeseen complexities…so see a psychologist now.