Apricots, the petite orange fruits with a golden shade, are considered as one of the most beneficial foods for our overall health and well-being. This article is all about how we can improve our skin, hair and health by increasing our intake of apricots. Read on below:
Why are Apricots Beneficial for Our Skin?
1. Apricots are rich in vitamin C, which helps in healing damaged skin by promoting the growth of healthy new cells.
2. The exfoliating properties of apricot kernels can help us get rid of the outermost layer of dead skin cells. It eventually puts a stop to wrinkles and fine lines to give us a revived look.
3. The fruit, when used as an exfoliating agent, can help us get rid of pigmentation. Consequently, our skin tone is enhanced to a great extent.
4. The oil extracted from apricot seeds can make our skin firmer, toned and youthful by improving its elasticity and clarity. Hence, it is considered as a home remedy for anti-aging.
5. The fruit can deep cleanse our skin by unclogging pores and warding off blackheads. It also makes our skin smooth and glowing by promoting cell regeneration.
6. The vitamin A and essential fatty acid content of apricots make them a super effective natural moisturizer, which keeps our skin hydrated and soft without added greasiness.
7. Inclusion of apricots in facial masks can give us a blemish-free clear skin easily.
8. When used in aromatherapy, apricot oil soothes, nourishes and invigorates our skin efficiently.
9. The anti-inflammatory properties of apricot make it an excellent solution for several skin problems, such as itching, sun burns, dermatitis, scabies, psoriasis, eczema, etc.
Also Read – 20 Amazing Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil for Health, Skin and Hair Here
Why are Apricots Beneficial for Our Hair?
1. Being loaded with vitamin A and vitamin E, apricots can provide proper nourishment to the scalp and maintain its natural moisture as well as oil content effectively. Therefore, we can stay away from dandruff, itchiness, and various other pesky scalp issues.
2. A healthy scalp always leads to a healthy mane and hence, apricots can turn our dry and dull hair into enviable locks too. The essential fatty acids (linoleic acid and oleic acid) present in the fruit help in restoring the natural moisture of our hair, thereby making it soft and conditioned.
3. Apricots are capable of making our tresses long and strong. The vitamin content of the fruits can fight against free radical damage and prevent our hair fall. It also stimulates the growth of our hair considerably.
Also Read – Incredible Benefits of Amla Juice for Skin and Hair Here
Why are Apricots Beneficial for Our Health?
1. Apricots hold amazing antioxidant properties due to the presence of vitamin A, C and E. They combat harmful free radicals and give our immune system a boost, which eventually speed up the normal growth and functionality of our cells.
2. The high level of vitamin B17 present in the fruit helps in fighting against cancer, thereby making it a great anti-carcinogenic agent.
3. Apricots can keep severe cardiovascular diseases like heart attack, heart block, stroke, at bay. The lycopene and vitamin C of the fruits play a key role in decreasing the level of low density cholesterol or LDL or bad cholesterol and keeps our heart healthy.
4. Being rich in iron and copper, apricots accelerate the production of haemoglobin in our blood cells and prevent diseases like anaemia.
5. Respiratory issues, such as asthma, bronchitis, etc. can be effectively cured by consuming apricots.
6. As apricots are full of calcium, increasing its intake can help us get rid of osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and other bone disorders.
7. The fruits, being loaded with dietary fibers, cellulose and pectin, can prevent constipation as well as colon cancer by increasing our metabolism significantly.
8. Apricots are extremely low in calorie, which makes them a great food for weight loss.
Image Credit – Featured, 1