Be it a sticky hot day of summer or end of an intense workout session, you always find yourself flooded with sweat. Well, have you ever thought how this excessive sweating can give you pesky acne breakouts? Yes, sweating can result into minor to major outbreaks, which is also known as sweat acne. Let us talk about all important things related to this special sort of skin condition.
What is Sweat Acne?
Sweat acne, also known as pityrosporum folliculitis, is a certain form of acne caused by little to extreme sweating. These are basically tender and tickly reddish zits along with small clogged white bumps. According to dermatologists, the root cause lying behind the formation of this harsh and painful acne is the overgrowth of the skin yeast named Malassezia. Even though this yeast is found to grow in the body of each and every people with normal skin, it cannot affect all of them as their skin pores combat it efficiently. But those who do not possess a strong immune system to fight against this skin yeast often become vulnerable to sweat acne as the microbe start to overgrow within their skin pores.
Also Read – Use Retinol Based Skin Creams to Get Rid Of Acne Scars Here
Where is Sweat Acne Found?
Sweat acne is found in the places of the body which get highly sweated. Usually, the entire forehead, the hairline, the jawline, and the backside of the neck are the most common areas to develop acne from sweating. The upper part of the torso, such as the chest and the back are also get affected. These ugly pimples can also be located on your back, which might sometimes even run down to the waistline.
Factors to Consider for Sweat Acne Treatment
When it comes to getting rid of sweat acne, a number of factors need to be considered. However, the most basic information that should be taken into account for this purpose includes the severity of the acne, the skin type of the patient and the skin sensitivity of the patient. Doctors have a detailed discussion with the patients in order to find out the most suitable treatment for each of them.
Also Read – How to Clear Acne with Calamine Lotion Here
How to Get Rid of Sweat Acne
- Cleanse your skin each time you start sweating. Keep a good quality anti-yeast cleanser handy and make sure that it has pyrithione zinc as one of its active ingredients. This is the most effective way to get rid of sweat acne.
- Exfoliate your skin at least thrice a week. It helps in keeping the skin free from dirt, excess oil , bacteria and dead skin cells, which eventually stops the overgrowth of yeast.
- Choose skin care products containing any of these three chemical compounds – salicylic acid, glycolic acid and benzoyl peroxide. All of them have great antiseptic properties, which reduces the formation of sweat acne considerably.
- Make it a habit to take a cold shower after finishing the workout or returning home from the sun. It is truly beneficial for keeping the skin pores unclogged.
- If taking a shower is not possible for you, use some rubbing alcohol to eliminate the oiliness of the skin caused due to sweating.
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2