If you are in mid or late twenties, you may have been experiencing a number of hair issues and premature graying may be one of the most common ones among those. It not only affects our appearance, but also ruins our self-confidence. However, there are quite a few effective home remedies that can help you treat this condition perfectly. Here are the best 7 of them:
1. Amla or Indian Gooseberry
This is the most common, most uncomplicated and most effective home remedy that can be used to prevent premature graying. While eating amla can make your black and healthy from inside, it can also be used externally in a number of ways:
- Massage your scalp gently with pure amla oil every day.
- Extract the pulp of raw or boiled amla and apply it to the roots of your hair regularly.
- Boil dried amla or simple amla powder into coconut oil and apply the cooled down concoction to your scalp and hair twice a week.
- Give your hair an overnight treatment by applying a mixture of equal amount of amla pulp and lemon juice to your scalp.
- Use a blend of a tablespoon of pure amla juice, a tablespoon of almond oil and a little lime juice for massaging your scalp daily.
2. Black Sesame Seeds
They are not only high in proteins and essential minerals, but you can also increase the production of melanin in your hair with these in the following ways:
- Consume a teaspoonful of black sesame seeds every day. This should be followed at least for 3 months.
- Apply pure black sesame seed oily regularly to your scalp and hair.
Also Read – 13 Effective Home Remedies to Treat White Hair Here
3. Curry Leaf
Curry leaves are known to restore the pigment of our hair and prevent further depigmentation successfully. You can:
- Drink fresh curry leaf juice every day in the morning.
- Make a tonic by boiling a handful of fresh curry leaves in 1 tablespoon of pure coconut oil and straining the liquid. Massage your scalp with it twice every week.
4. Amaranth Leaf
Premature graying of hair can be stopped by treating it with amaranth leaves too.
- You can extract the juice of fresh amaranth leaves and apply it directly to the roots of your hair. Wash off after half an hour. Practice it every single day.
Henna can darken the color of our locks, while making them stronger, softer and more beautiful. Use it in the following ways:
- Prepare a mixture by combining 4 to 5 tablespoons of henna powder with 3 teaspoons of pure amla powder, 2 teaspoons of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of coffee powder. Apply uniformly to your hair and rinse off with plain water once dries. Practice it once or twice every month.
- Boil a handful of fresh henna leaves in 2 tablespoons of pure coconut oil and massage your scalp with it.
6. Black Tea
Black tea is mostly known for making our tresses conditioned and shiny. But it can also avert premature graying.
- Prepare a black tea concoction by boiling 2 teaspoons of black tea leaves in 1 cup of water with 1 teaspoon of salt. Wash your locks 2-3 times, while giving a setting time of 15 minutes for the last wash. Repeat at least twice every week.
Also Read – Tips on Dying your Hair at Home Here
7. Onion Juice
Fresh juice of raw onions is capable of stimulating the natural antioxidant compound named ‘catalase’ at the roots of our hair, which eventually prevent premature graying.
- Extract the juice of a few small red onions and massage your scalp as well as hair with it thoroughly. Wait for half an hour and them wash off with plain water. Practice it daily.