Environmental stressors, chemical treatments, and daily styling all play a role in damaging our hair. The fight for long hair that is both luscious and thick has been going on for decades. There are hundreds of tonics, brews, chemicals and homemade hair growth Oil concoctions that are advertised to help hair grow naturally.
Naturally promoting hair growth is ideal, as you never want to cause more issues with your hair by applying chemicals that could cause further damage. It will highly depend on what type of hair you have, and your desired results as to what oils will work best for you.
Let’s take a look at 5 of the best DIY hair growth oil recipes.
3-Ingredient Natural Hair Growth Oil
This 3-ingredient homemade hair oil recipe for hair growth enhances moisture, calms inflammation in the scalp and helps naturally promote hair growth.
- 4 to 6-ounce spray bottle
- 2-ounces of jojoba oil
- 1-ounce castor oil
- 10-drops rosemary oil
- In a 4 to 6-ounce spray bottle, you will want to combine all the ingredients. Always give the bottle a shake before applying it to your hair.
- Begin at the scalp and work your way to the ends with the use of a comb. Give it a massage deep into the scalp and let the oil soak in for about two hours or overnight.
- Wash your hair as normal.
- Continue using twice a week for optimal results.
Natural Hair Growth Oil Recipe
Oils can penetrate the hair shaft and help keep it from becoming too porous. It also keeps a natural balance between oil and water, while strengthening the hair and preventing breakage. Here is a recipe with the perfect blend of oils for hair growth.
- 2-Tbsp Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1-Tbsp Avocado Oil
- ½-Tbsp Castor Oil
- 1-tsp Jojoba oil
- 2-drops cypress essential oil
- 2-drops cedarwood essential oil (or peppermint essential oil)
- 2-drops rosemary essential oil
- Combine all oils in a 2-ounce dropper bottle and shake before applying.
- Scalp Application – You will want to apply a few drops to the scalp underneath the hair. Gently massage it into the scalp and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes. You will then want to wash your hair as you normally do.
- Hair Protection – After washing, apply the oil to your damp hair. Place a few drops into your hands, rub them together, and then apply to the ends of your hair. Work your way up as you go. You only need a few drops! You can then style your hair as you normally would.
- Styling and Defrizzing – Place a few drops onto your hands, rub together and gently comb your fingers through your hair. Make sure you get it all over, and not just in one spot. Once it has been applied you can brush or scrunch your hair. This will allow for a smooth and shiny finish. According to ForBabs, “When hair growth oil is not enough to control the frizz, try using a quality anti-static hairbrush.”
DIY HAIR GROWTH OIL
This homemade hair growth serum produces results quickly and is recommended for daily use. It is ideal for keeping the ends of your hair well moisturized. Other oils that you could consider adding to this recipe includes thyme, ylang-ylang, cedarwood, geranium, ginger, lemon, and grapefruit.
- Measuring cup
- 4 to 6-ounce Spray bottle or container of your choice
- 2-ounces coconut oil
- 1-ounce castor oil
- 1-ounce apricot kernel oil
- 12-drops rosemary essential oil
- 6-drops lavender essential oil
- 6-drops peppermint essential oil
- 6-drops clary sage essential oil
- Measure out ingredients and combine them in a spray bottle or container of choice.
- Shake well before each use.
Homemade Hair Growth Oil For Natural Hair
This all-natural hair growth oil is designed to stimulate hair growth and improve the functionality and appearance of your hair.
- Measuring cup
- 8-ounce Spray bottle or container of your choice
- Extra Virgin Olive oil: super moisturizing
- Organic, Unrefined, Cold-Pressed Coconut oil: antibacterial and increases thickness
- Jamaican Black Castor oil: helps thicken hair and encourage growth
- Peppermint essential oil: stimulates hair growth
- Rosemary essential oil: also great for growth
- Combine 10 drops of each oil into a container and shake.
- Apply directly to your scalp and massage for 5 minutes. This will help get the oil deep into the scalp area.
- It can also be applied to the ends of your hair to help with protection.
- This oil can also be used to help detangle hair before you wash it.
What Do You Think?
Do you have a Homemade Hair Growth Oil that you like to use? Comment below and let us know what homemade hair growth oil recipe works best for you. We are always looking for great tips on hair care.