A cucumber a day, keeps the doctor away! This is a morphed version of an old say which originally talks about benefits of eating Apple every day. Apple is great for health but eating cucumber everyday is equally good. According to sources, this fruit cum vegetable shares its native birth trace from northern part of India. This watery vegetable is full of numbers of miraculous health benefits. The article briefs about 15 of them. Check it below –
- Suffice hydro requirements of the body – Cucumber has 96% water. This form of water is more nutritious than normal water. So, keep eating cucumber to keep your body hydrated in hot days of years too.
- Toxin Removal – A rich source of antioxidants, cucumber simply flushes out all the toxins from your body.
- Anti aging benefits – Cucumber includes all the important Vitamins in its nutrition chart. It is a very good source of Vitamin A, B, C as well as minerals which makes it a wonderful beauty enhancing agent. Add cucumber juices in your regular facemask to get rid of wrinkles and tighten your skin once again.
- Under eye beauty enhancement – Presence of useful acids such as Ascorbic acid and Caffeic Acid make cucumber a good remedy to reduce under eye swelling and puffiness.
- Cancer fighting ability – Cucumber is also effective in fighting various types of cancers, including breast cancer, ovarian cancer as well as prostate cancer. Due to chemical compounds such as secoisolariciresinol, pinoresinol, and lariciresinol, cucumber has the power to lower down the growth of cancerous cells. These three chemical compounds are part of healthful Lignans group of chemicals which are found in a few plants and known for its health benefits.
- Dental Health guard – Have you seen any toothpaste ad which claims that it has cucumber as an ingredient in its composition? If yes, then you should pay a look to that toothpaste, as cucumber is very effective in keeping your teeth and gums healthy. People suffering from pyorrhea must regularly consume it.
- Digestion booster – Have you ever wondered why the platter of fresh salad primarily includes cucumber? Since salad is used as a digestion booster, cucumber is used as its prime ingredient because of high quotient of dietary fiber.
- The diet food – 96% water, loads of vitamin and mineral, and almost no fat make cucumber a great food to consume in days of dieting. It not only keeps your water requirement sufficed but also fulfils your body’s other nutritional values.
- Fights with cholesterol – Cucumbers are stuffed with good compounds. Sterols is one of them. This compound impeccably works in reducing level of cholesterol in your body.
- For hair growth – Growth of hair much depends on the food which you eat. Minerals such as sulfur and silicon are much needed for it. Hence, to get a longer hair you must include foods rich with these ingredients. One of the easily available sources of sulfur and silicon are cucumbers.
- Say bye to bad breath with it – Bad breath is reasoned by bacteria which reside in your mouth. Cucumber’s photo chemicals kill those bacteria and help you to get a fresh gasp of air.
- Diabetic’s diet – Cucumber is loaded with hormones which play crucial role in insulin secretion from your pancreas. So keep eating this veggie fruit to keep tab on your sugar level.
- You have joint pain, eat cucumber – this great vegetable/fruit is effective in curing joint pain. Presence of silicon in it makes it a good cure for strengthening of connective tissues.
- Benefits for nails – If you are tired of your continuously breaking nails, eat cucumber. It helps in staying you prevented from nail splitting and spoiling. (Read Article on Stained Nails)
- Blood pressure -Cucumber is also supposed to be a natural medicine which keeps blood pressure under control.
Image Credit – 1