Monsoon is all about clammy weather and it is really difficult to pick up the right makeup and even difficult is maintaining the same. Your makeup has much to do with your mood. So, careful selection of makeup is absolutely necessary. Here are 10 makeup tips for monsoon that you will find handy in case you don’t know where to start:
1. The first and foremost thing to do is to keep your skin clean. During monsoon oily skins have a tendency of creating a fuss. So, an astringent application is a must for those who have oily skin and for normal skin types, a toner is a must.
2. If you have a tendency of sweating during the monsoons, it is very important to take care of that to make your makeup last. Rubbing your face with an ice cube for 10 minutes is a good thing to start with after you wash your face properly.
3. If you are eyeing towards creamy foundations, it is a strict no-no for those with oily skins! These creamy foundations will make your skin look oily and creamy. It is important to make your face look fresh and this can be achieved only when you get rid of excess greasiness. Applying powder will take care of the greasy nature of your skin and make it look vibrant. Or, you can alternately go for a matte finish. If however you have a normal skin can always use some cream-based primer as an under-base for your makeup.
4. If you have spots or acne marks on your face, you can hide them using a concealer. You can also use a thin foundation layer and then seal it using a powder.
5. Moving to your eyes, it is important that you apply concealer followed by makeup powder on your eyelids. Once done, using a nude eye shadow will work best but you can always opt for hues of lavender, pink, champagne, blue or brown. These hues will brighten up your face. Make sure to blend the hues towards the socket line.
6. For your eyebrows, you can pick up any dark shade. A dark brown hue will work great. Always remember to apply the shadow using an angular brush.
7. Now it is time you take care of your eyelashes. For this, you can either use kajal or mascara both on your bottom and top lashes. Do not over do. Also, because it is raining outside, you may be caught up with dripping kajal or mascara once you get wet. Using the waterproof versions is always suggested.
8. Instead of using an eyebrow pencil, consider using an eyebrow gel for a better, fresh and lasting makeup.
9. Move down to your cheeks and you can liven them up using any soft bronzer.
10. Finally, your lips should be lively enough to complete your makeup. Avoid using dual-tone lipsticks. Neon pink will be a great choice but the color you want to use should go well with your rest of the makeup.
Image Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4