Have you been complaining of terrible joint pains lately? Then do not take it lightly, consult a doctor as soon as possible. It is always better to confirm with the experts if it’s just a regular pain or there is more to it. Well, we are saying so because these days many people have been trapped by a condition called Osteoarthritis- the main symptom of which is joint pain!
What is Osteoarthritis?
Arthritis is in itself differentiated in several forms- there are Osteoarthritis, gout, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis is the more common amongst all. The condition of Osteoarthritis is identified by the breakage as well as the loss of joint cartilage. Cartilage is a strong tissue that is responsible for separating and cushioning the bones in the joint. Due to the loss of cartilage the bones start rubbing each other as a consequence the joints are irritated. In osteoarthritis particularly the joints the loss of cartilage is escorted by little inflammation, along with bone hardening beneath the cartilage as well as bone growths around the joints.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis:
Symptoms are acute pain in the joint, Colitis and Anaemia.
Hereditary, physical and emotional stress, hormonal imbalance, structural transformation in the articular cartilage in joints
Here are some of natural treatments for Osteoarthritis:
1. Include some exercise: Yes, exercise is very much important to improve your condition. Exercise basically strengthens the joints and muscles and maintains the flexibility of the bones. It is very important that you keep moving your joints. This will ensure that your joints will function for a longer time.
2. Hot or cold packs: Hot packs or compressions are excellent to reduce the pain and stiffness. Meanwhile cold compressions help in reducing the swelling.
3. Get adequate sleep: A good sleep is very crucial to deal with the stress and pain of osteoarthritis. If you feel uncomfortable while sleeping due to pain or stiffness, try using pillows under the area that pains.
4. Weight loss: Losing weight is a requirement if you are overweight. The excess weight builds a lot of pressure on the knees, joints etc which will aggravate the osteoarthritis. Try losing weight step by step, even slight decrease in your weight will improve the functioning of the joint.
5. Balanced diet: What you eat plays a very significant role in Osteoarthritis. Studies have also proved that including different nutrients help in easing out the symptoms of osteoarthritis. Food that is rich in vitamin C, both fruits and vegetables are also very good. Follow a diet which includes all the required nutrients. Try to include vegetables, fruits, low fat dairy, whole grains, fish and lean meat in the diet.
6. Pineapple: Pineapple is said to be good for osteoarthritis as it has anti-inflammatory action because of bromelain enzyme that it has.
7. Boswelia: This is a herb that is considered best to treat osteoarthritis. It is pure, organic and concentrated.
8. Cabbage juice: Consume plenty of cabbage juice as it is considered as a good treatment for Osteoarthritis.
9. Electric gloves: Arthritis patients can use electric gloves while sleeping as it helps deal with the stiffness and pain.
10. Use warm blankets: Watch out your sleep, especially in winter season. Do not expose your joints; keep them covered under a warm blanket. If ordinary blankets are not good enough then electric blankets are also a good choice.
Apart from all these very important things, medication is also extremely important in osteoarthritis. Keep a tab on the timings of the medicine, and have them without fail. Monitoring your health is also very important; get your tests done regularly to see if everything is fine. Keep a tropical cream recommended by the doctor for pain in handy. Lastly imbibe a positive attitude towards life; your mental strength has a big role to play in your recovery. Focus on things that interest you more and keep yourself happy!
Also Read – 10 Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies to Fight Osteoporosis Here