A fit and toned stomach is certainly something that everyone desires to have. But that of course is not a very easy thing to attain. Belly fat is very unflattering and it is a daunting task to get rid of it but it definitely is not an impossible task! There are numerous techniques of reducing belly fat and one such option is by having right kind of food. Yes! Food can actually help in cutting that extra fat from the belly. It is very important first and foremost to understand that each person’s body is different and so the requirement too differs. As belly fat is considered the most stubborn fat, it should be realized that burning it will be a gradual process, it cannot happen overnight!
So the ten food items that you can incorporate in your diet are as follows:
1. Almonds: they contain polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats which are healthy fats that prevents one from overeating in other words, it suppresses hunger. Almond has high fiber content which helps you feel full for a longer time. Almonds are less in calories therefore it can be had as mini snacks.
2. Tomatoes: Tomatoes are very less in calorie, even large tomatoes contains just about 33 calories. Tomatoes are rich in nutrients like iron and potassium and they are good sources of vitamin A and C. Tomatoes encompass a compound known as 9-oxo-ODA, which helps in decreasing lipids in the blood, and this helps in controlling belly fat. This compound can also combat chronic diseases associated with obesity.
3. Oats: Oats contain insoluble fiber and certain carbohydrates which reduce hunger and provide strength and curbs fat content from the body. Oats can be had for breakfast or any other time of the day. It is better to choose the flavourless one as the Flavoured oats will have chemicals and sugar in it. Oats are apparently high in fiber which aids digestion.
4. Watermelon: As per the American Dietetic Association, watermelon is supposed to be the apt food that will help reduce belly fat. Watermelon is composed of 91 percent water due to which it is a natural diuretic. It makes you feel full for a longer time and it helps in decreasing the water content in the body. It is rich in vitamins B1, B6 and C, along with potassium and magnesium. It is completely cholesterol free and contains very less calories. As per certain studies, having two glasses of watermelon juice per day for eight weeks will help in reducing body weight.
Also Read – 10 Superfoods to Naturally Reduce Cellulite Here
5. Celery: Leafy vegetables in general are great food to reduce weight, Celery in particular is supposed to be great diet food as it contains just 8 calories. It is rich in vitamin C and calcium and is best when consumed raw. Consumption of fresh celery juice before food is known to help in reducing body weight.
6. Beans: Different types of beans are known to help in reducing belly fat. Beans happen to be excellent source of soluble fiber, which targets belly fat specially. It breaks down the fat and helps it to be easily eliminated from the body. The protein present in beans helps to provide energy to the body.
7. Tart cherries: The tart cherries help in decreasing cholesterol levels in the body and reduce body fat considerably. As per a study conducted at University of Michigan, a diet of tart cherries will help in reducing symptoms of heart disease as well as metabolic syndrome. Tart cherries are also said to have antioxidant properties.
8. Avocados: This fruit has the power to balance cholesterol levels and it is also known to prevent heart attacks and strokes. It contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Avocados are rich in important amino acid known as lecithin that helps in managing body weight. It also contains monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which aids in faster reduction of belly fat.
9. Seafood: Tuna, Salmon, Mackerel are very rich sources of protein, that contain good fatty acid along with mono saturated fatty acids which helps in boosting metabolism and are also best belly fat burning food.
10. Cucumbers: Cucumbers are considered to be a very low-calorie food and contains Vitamin B and C. 100 grams of cucumber is supposed to contain around 96 percent water and 45 calories. They are excellent source of minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber. It helps in cleansing your body from toxins released by the digestive system and help in reducing weight.
So just by making small changes in your daily routine, including the above super foods instead of the fried snacks and opting for a healthier lifestyle along with exercise – you will definitely be able see your belly getting smaller day by day.