So, the sticky hot summer is again there. Well, is your hair prepared to combat all those damages caused by the heat and ultraviolet rays of the sun? No? Just get up and show some love to your beautiful waves by following these useful summer hair care tips. Here we go:
Basic Summer Hair Care Tips
Listed below are the most basic tips that you need to follow for your hair in summer:
1. It is essential to keep the hair hydrated during those scorching days of summer and intake of 8-10 glasses of fluid is must for this. Hence, drink water as much as you can.
2. Indulge in leave-in conditioner as your hair needs the maximum moisture during summer. Apart from this, it can also help you tame your frizzy locks and give your curls proper definition.
3. Say ‘no’ to your blow-dryers. The extreme heat of summer itself causes lots of harm to your hair and blow-drying can turn the situation into worse. Hence, make it a habit to air-dry your locks.
4. Choosing gentle hair accessories is a must for summertime. As we said, the heat and UV rays of the sunlight are enough to damage your beautiful locks. Why to aggravate it by using curling iron, straightening iron, metal clips, etc.?
5. While going for swimming in summer, make sure that you wash your hair and braid it up beforehand. Using a swim cap can also provide proper protection to your locks from getting spoiled by the chemicals and salt present in the pool water.
Also Read – 12 Hottest Summer Hairstyles You Should Never Give a Miss Here
6. Always wear a scarf while going outside. You can even replace it with a stylish hat or cap. This would keep the damaging heat and light of the sun away from you tresses.
7. Well, it has been found that hair grows much faster in summer than rest of the year. So, if you really want to take good care of it during those days, go for trimming every 2 months. Or else, the heat will leave you with ugly split ends.
Special Summer Care Tips for Different Types of Hair
Now, here are some exclusive tips for you which you can opt for depending upon the type of your hair:
6. For Rough and Frizzy Hair
- Choose a moisturizing shampoo and a high-quality conditioner for everyday use.
- While applying mousse on dry hair, always go to the ends from the roots.
- Instead of sticky hairspray, opt for a hair smoothing serum. A light hairspray is also a good choice.
- Comb your hair with a large round brush in order to avoid frizz and tangles.
Also Read – Simple and Effective Home Remedies to Trigger Hair Growth Here
7. For Fine and Flat Hair
- Sweat can make your hair limper in summer. Volumizing shampoos can be a great solution for you.
- A Volumizing spray should always be used after towel drying fine and thin hair.
8. For Wavy and Coarse Hair
- Never ever use a hair care product that contains alcohol.
- Choose shampoos and conditioners that do not have sulphate as one of the ingredients.
- It is better to use a hydrating styling cream rather than a hair styling spray in case of coarse and curly hair.
So, are you really following these?