In recent times we have seen a whole lot of developments in facelift procedures. Vampire face lift, liquid facelift are all the new ones which grabbed the eyeballs. Now we have the new stem cell facelift and this one is termed to be the new Botox.
This one is a revolutionary procedure and is apparently more effective than the regular facelift. “Stem Cell Facelift” was invented by the world renowned anti-aging physician and plastic surgeon Vincent Giampapa, MD, FACS. It was presented on October 17th in Paris.
Also Read – Natural Face lift Tips – Try Facial Exercises Here
Why is stem cell facelift safer?
The stem cell face-lift is considered to be safer as it does not involve facial cutting, besides that the recovery time of stem cell lift is lower than the traditional facelift and the results of this one is long lasting and natural.
What is stem cell face-lift?
- Stem cells are the building blocks of tissue growth. They have the ability to change into any other type of cell the body is built from and hence it is capable to repair everything from the brain to the heart.
- Stem cell facelift is harvesting stem cells from your own fat, and then re-injecting these stem cells into the appropriate areas of your face, neck, body or hands. This endows three dimensional contours to your face which can be sculpted giving youthful proportions to the treated area. You face will be the same but it will look younger and fresher. Apart from that it is more cost-effective compared to a traditional face lift.
- This technique apparently rejuvenates the skin and the stem cells turn into a brand new tissue. This pushes the release of chemicals which will boost ageing cells and let the nearby cells to grow.
Also Read – How Effective is Face Tape for Instant Face Lift? Here
- The procedure is done under local anesthesia. The cosmetic surgeons use the liposuction first to remove some fat from the abdominal area of the client. They will then isolate the stem cells. These stem cells will be injected into the face particularly around the eyes.
- Small incisions of about 2-3mm will also be made on the face of the patient, which will be within the natural creases and lines. Small amounts of fat are then injected inside in three facial layers. This is to prevent clumping and to help in spreading the injected fat evenly. The first layer will be injected in the mid face, near the bones. The second injection layer will be in the facial muscles. The third will be below the skin surface.
- The stem cell facelift is completed with a chemical resurfacing of the skin. This step is done in order to makes the wrinkles less noticeable. The entire procedure takes 4 to 5 hours to complete the process.
Also Read – An A-to-Z Guide to The Liquid Facelift Here
Recovery happens in about a week. After a week you can start using light powder and makeup.
The result of the stem cell facelift is a wrinkle free, cleaner, smoother, whiter, softer facial skin. Scars and acne dents also disappear and spots too fade away. The complete result is got in 2-3 weeks post the procedure.
- Rapid recovery time
- Better skin tone
- No scarring
- Fat from your own body used
- Lasting results, on average up to five years
- No foreign agents are injected into your face
Stem Cell Facelift Cost:
The cost depends on the extent of the skin damage and the treatment required. The stem cell face lift can cost anywhere between $8000 and $10,000. Some doctors charge from $15,000 – $20,000.The cost depends on the place where you get this treatment done too.
Since the fat acquired during this procedure is from the patient’s body itself, the chances of serious side effects are pretty less.
There can be minor side effects like,
- Minimal bruising
- Slight scarring
Also Read – Is Facelift without Surgery really possible? Here