For every woman, menstrual cycle is a very important process because it determines her reproductive strength as well as her health.
It is very important that we get our periods regularly as that ensures everything is fine as far as your ovulation process is concerned. Sometimes however you wish you could delay or prepone your periods because you might have some important functions on those days which cannot be done in such conditions. So what would you do when you are in such kind of dilemma?
Also Read – 15 Reasons to Visit Your Gynecologist
There are a few tablets available to delay or prepone the periods and there are number of natural remedies for the same, the choice is however yours. We need to understand that we are trying to manipulate a natural process in our body and if we do that with the help of medicines, it will surely have its side effects. Tablets should never be taken without consulting the doctor meanwhile natural remedies are harmless and you can follow it without any issues.
Basically eating the food that induces heat in the body will prepone the periods and by eating the food that will cool the body will delay the periods.
Natural remedies to prepone periods:
- Papaya: To pre-pone the period’s women should consume papaya throughout the day. Papaya contains carotene that will help in inducing estrogen and prepone the periods. Apart from that papaya is said to produce heat in the body which helps in preponing the periods.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice should be consumed at least 2 to 3 times a day for 10 to 15 days, this is very helpful to prepone your periods.
- Dates: Dates are also heat inducing food, consumption of dates can induce periods before schedule.
- Carrot and pumpkin: Carrot as well as pumpkin also contain carotene. They both are very helpful to prepone the periods.
- Pineapple juice: In order to pre-pone the periods, you can drink pineapple juice at least twice a day. Pineapple forms heat in the body. Heat in the body helps the periods to start early.
- Sesame seeds: Take 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds or powder and add 1 tablespoon of jaggery or honey to it. This mixture can be consumed daily to get your periods early.
- Ginger: Ginger is also very good ingredient to pre-pone the periods. You can have ginger in the form of tea or just fresh ginger juice with honey. You can consume the ginger juice on empty stomach for better results.
Natural remedies to postpone periods are
- Parsley leaves: Around a handful of Parsley leaves has to be boiled in half liter water for about twenty minutes. . The water has to be strained and drink it when it is warm with honey. This has to be done 2 to 3 times a day. This remedy is very beneficial for postponing the periods.
- Gram lentils: Consume fried gram lentil soup with warm water for a full week on a daily basis before the onset of your periods. This soup is best if had on empty stomach.
- Spicy food: Avoid spicy food as it induces heat in the body and thus prepones the periods. If you are trying to delay your periods then you have to cut out all the spicy food, for instance chilies, hot peppers, garlic, paprika, black pepper etc. The idea behind this is to cut off even the slightest trace of heat from your body.
Medical remedies: There are medical remedies, but they have to be taken only after consulting the doctor. You will have to take 800 mg of ibuprofen in every 8 hours and a double dose of B6 vitamins on a daily basis. You will need to start this dosage a week or two before your periods.
Also Read – Worried about your PCOS? Say Hello to Ayurveda!
Note: Menstrual cycle is a natural process in a women’s body, tampering with it in any kind might lead to complications and side effects therefore consult your doctor before doing anything to check if your body is capable for that.