Rice is one of the most important ingredients of almost every Indian kitchen. From North to far South and Eastern India to the Western parts of the nation, rice is consumed everywhere in the country in different versions. A few of us make Pulao with it while for some, it is the core of delectable Biryani and many of us consume it in form of Idlis. Rice is one of the richest sources of carbohydrates, thus, it is used as the chief staple in many countries across the globe. This miraculous cereal is not only great for your health but also for your skin and hair. You can use its water for a complete beauty therapy. Scroll down to know, how rice water helps you in bettering your skin, hair and health.
- Rice water is used in many forms. Some of the beauty experts recommend using uncooked rice water which is obtained by soaking uncooked rice in cold water. Soak half bowl of rice in adequate water for thirty minutes. Now extract water, store it in a bottle and refrigerate it. You can use this water as a natural toner.
- Cooked rice water is considered more beneficial for health, hair and skin. Cooked rice water is actually the remnant water which you extract after boiling the rice. This rice water is taken as a great resource of carbohydrate.
- You can store and refrigerate cooked rice water to later use it as a face mask and face toner. This face mask and face toner will help you in maintaining your facial glow as well as improving your skin complexion.
- Uncooked rice water is used as a face cleansing serum which works to make you look refreshed.
- Do you know the secret behind beautiful hairs of oriental people? Many of them use rice water to wash their hair. It is an amazing natural hair conditioner. Rice water makes your hair strand stronger and stimulates its growth process.
- The old school of naturopathy regards rice water as a great anti-aging supplement. You can follow the formulae and get a younger look without spending loads of buck or going under scissors.
- You can mix a few drops of rice water with rice powder and use it to exfoliate your skin.
- Rice water is effective in prevention from numerous fatal diseases. Take a bowl of brown rice and dry roast it till it turns golden. Now boil the golden rice for 15 minutes or till it cooks. After rice gets cooked, extract water from it and allow the extracted water to cool. You can drink this water to enjoy an unruffled good health and keep diseases such as high blood pressure, cancer, high cholesterol at bay.
- If you are suffering from the problem of acne, rice water can give a new facet to your facial beauty. Rice water steam is supposed to be a very useful remedy for acne.
Note – for the best results of rice water steam, do not wash your face immediately after taking the steam. Wait for a few minutes and then wipe your face from a wet towel. Now wash your face. Repeat this procedure for a week to get a visible relief from acne breakouts.
- If you are suffering from the problem of constipation, consumption of rice water on daily basis will help you in regulating your motion.
- Due to high amount of carbohydrate, rice water is also used as an immediate energy booster.
- Some research results have shown that rice water is very effective in preventing Alzheimer’s disease. So, if you do not want your memory to be disrupted ever, include rice and rice water in your daily diet menu.
- Rice is a source of oryzanol substance. This substance is known for its ability of counteracting ultraviolet rays and renewing skin pigments. Hence, rice water is used as a natural sun blocking agent that keeps you safe from sun as well as makes your skin better.