Excessive sweating of hands, also known as hyperhidrosis, can be really embarrassing some times. It not only spoils your impression but also affects your self-confidence. Today, we’ll be discussing about some tips and tricks that would help you leave the problem of sweaty hands behind. Here we go:
1. Modify Your Eating Habits
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking a lot of water. It will control the internal temperature of your body and flush sweat-causing toxic materials out of it.
- Say ‘no’ to caffeine, sugar and different sorts of hot foodstuff. These may make you extremely stressed out and lead to sweating.
- Try to avoid iodized foods as much as possible. These include items like white onion, asparagus, potato, cranberry, broccoli, turkey, beef and certain milk-based products.
- There should be sufficient amount of fresh fruits in your daily diet. Being a good source of dietary fibers and vital nutrients, these will help you detox your body effectively and keep you sweat-free.
- Include loads of whole grains in your meals. They are also extremely good for our health and help us get a well-balanced diet. As a result, we get rid of excessive sweating.
- Maintain a healthy weight by keeping a close eye on your eating habits. The more you gain weight, the more you become prone to developing sweaty palms.
Also Read – 6 Best Home Remedies to Remove Tan from Your Hands Here
2. Bring Changes in Your Lifestyle
- Stress, anxiety, agitation, etc. can lead to extreme sweating. Practice meditation, yoga and other exercises that can help you relax.
- Make sure that you take showers with fresh cold water at least twice a day. Also, try to avoid places with high temperature and extreme humidity.
- Do not work continuously while making use of your hands. Rather, take 2 to 3 minutes of breaks frequently so that they do not get sweaty.
- Try to wash your hands as many times as possible. Use a gentle soap in order to remove any trace of sweat from them. Also, do not forget to dry them completely with a clean towel.
- Always keep a handkerchief handy and use it whenever your hands are about to get sweaty.
- Air circulation is extremely necessary for preventing your hands from sweating. Hence, try to avoid wearing accessories like gloves, mitten, rings, etc.
Also Read – Does Sweating Cause Hair Loss? Here
3. Opt for Simple Home Remedies
- Cornstarch can be one of the best natural remedies for averting sweaty hands. Just apply it all over your hands, wait for some time and then rinse with cold water. You can also use a mild talcum powder in place of it. A foot powder can also do.
- Try to give your hands a cool sage tea bath very often. Being rich in tannin, it can work as a natural astringent and turn out to be your savior.
- Do not ever use petroleum jelly or deodorant to stop sweating. Rather, choose a antiperspirant that suits you.
Also Read – Facts to Know About Your Antiperspirant Here
4. Consult with Medical Professionals
- Consult with your physician and start using an effective prescription antiperspirant like Drysol.
- Go for iontophoresis in which sweating is reduced by treating the affected parts of our body with low-intensity electrical currents.
- Get the sweat-causing nerves present in your hands paralyzed by using Botox injections.
- If none of the above procedures woks for you, undergo a surgery.