Why Pregnant Women Should have Custard Apple?
Pregnancy is the most beautiful stage of a women’s life. During this time she not only needs to nurture herself but also the little one she is carrying. Therefore what she eats is very much important. Apart from the typical ‘pregnancy‘foods, there are certain fruits which are very beneficial if had during pregnancy. Custard apple is one such fruit which is rich in nutrients that prove advantageous for pregnant women especially.
Custard apples are borne by the sub-tropical Annonaceae group of trees and are quite popular in our country. Custard apple is heart shaped and it measures around 8-16 cm in diameter. It is green in color and its outer skin is rough. Inside however it has creamy flesh with seeds. This fruits is considered to be very vital for pregnant ladies mainly because of its high nutritional benefits. The vitamins found in custard apple include minerals, vitamins, proteins, fiber, carbohydrates and essential fats. This is one fruit that has all the essential nutrients in one. Pregnant women need to have a plenty of them as they get all power in terms of nutrients packed into one.
Let’s look at the nutrients in custard apple:
- Rich in Vitamin C: Custard apples are known to be enriched with Vitamin C, which helps to combat the free radicals in the body.
- Rich in Copper: The fruit is also rich in Copper which is a trace material which helps the body to form haemoglobin. The lack of copper in a women’s body can result in premature birth of her child. Apart from this the copper deficiency can cause in a low white blood cells. When an average person would require around nine hundred micro grams of copper per day a pregnant lady will need about round thirteen hundred micro grams of copper.
- Enriched with Vitamin A: The benefits of custard apple also include the fact that it contains Vitamin A which is a good source of good vision, hair and skin.
- Magnesium loaded: Custard apples are rich in magnesium, again very essential for pregnant ladies as it helps them to guard us from cardiac issues and it can also relax the muscles.
- Low in calories: Custard apples are low in fat which is healthy for pregnant women.
- As custard apple is rich in vitamin B5, it will prevent you from skin issues, for instance- sore tongue, depression and convulsions.
- Treats skin infections: Skin infections such as ulcers as well as abscesses can be treated with the help of custard apple. All that has to be done is, the flesh of the custard apple has to be ground to paste and should be applied to the affected area.
- To control dysentery and diarrhea: Custard apples can also be had in cases of diarrhea and dysentery, it helps to control it. Pregnant women often do have to deal with diarrhea and opting for something very natural instead of medicine as a cure is always beneficial. Custard apples are also known to be great coolants, expectorants as well as stimulants.
Custard apples are a very healthy and tasty choice for pregnant women especially because it can be had in any form. Custard apples can be had as a dessert or anytime as a snack. It can be made as a smoothie, a shake or even in ice creams. If pregnant women are looking forward to gain some calories, then you can achieve that with custard apple. Just add honey with custard apple and your calorie potion is ready! It is not only great option for pregnant ladies but also for anybody who is looking for a healthy diet.
Latest posts by Divya Rechesh (see all)
- Best Hairstyles to sleep in to Wake up With Gorgeous Hair - September 3, 2014
- Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse (Golden Medium)- Review - August 30, 2014
- Rosemary Seeds- For Healthy and Long Hair - August 28, 2014