Our body becomes toned and supple only from exercise. Cardio, yoga and weights help in burning excess fat, working the muscles and keeping the body sleek and toned. Just as our body needs exercise, the muscles in our face also need to be worked if you are aiming for taut and toned face muscles which does not need a surgical facelift. There are simple exercises that you can incorporate into your daily regimen and get a natural facelift right from the comfort of your home. We give you natural face lift tips in the form of facial exercises that will help rejuvenate your skin and make you look younger.
Natural Facelift with Facial Exercises
Simple Exercises to start with
These are simple exercises that you can do while reading a book or while watching television. Just make sure you are not doing it in public since the exercises involve making all kinds of funny faces.
- Jaw and Cheeks –
- Try to smile from ear to ear and then stick your tongue out, as far as you can. Hold this pose for a few seconds. Do this a couple of times and you will notice that your jaw hurts, which is a good sign that the muscles are being exercises. This exercises the jaw and the cheeks and prevents the skin there from sagging.
- Forehead– Wear the surprised expression on your face by widening your eyes. Hold it that way until your eyes start watering. Once done, relax the eyes and close them for a few seconds. Repeat ten times. The muscles around your eyes and forehead get exercised by this action. They work to erase worry lines and any furrows in the forehead.
- Lips and cheeks– Pucker up your lips to form an “O” with it. Hold this pose for a second. Now smile wide. Repeat this ten times.
- Double Chin– Sit in a chair with your back straight. Lift your head up and stick your tongue out. Hold the pose for a few seconds. Repeat. This will exercise your neck and prevent double chin.
- Eyes– Close your eyes and try to raise your eyebrows as much as you can. If it becomes difficult to do this exercise, then use your fingers to hold your eyes down while you lift the eyebrows. This exercise will help prevent bags under the eyes.
Read more about yoga to keep eye wrinkles at bay here
Now lets take it up a notch
The next set of exercises involve touching your face and pulling the skin. So make sure that your face and the hands are fully cleansed before you start. Also, apply a small amount of lotion or moisturizer on both your face and your hands to prevent the skin from getting damaged.
- Crow’s feet– Place your hands on your temples and pull the skin on the forehead away, as if to tighten it. Try to lift each eyebrow separately while holding the pose. This exercise is to be repeated 10 times. It prevents crow’s feet and worry lines.
- Cheeks– Smile really wide. Put each of your index fingers on the cheekbones and try to press it down. At the same time, go against the pressure exerted by the index finger and try to smile harder. This is great for firming your cheeks up.
- Eye Bags–
- Place your index fingers between your eyebrows and the thumbs at the temples, as if framing the eyes. Squeeze your eyes shut. At the same time, pull the index fingers between the brows and the thumbs at the temple outwards so that the skin between the two fingers is stretched. Open our eyes and relax. Repeat ten times. This helps you get rid of the bags under the eyes.
Do these exercises everyday. Couple it with a disciplined regimen of cleansing, toning and moisturizing your skin, drink lots of water and eat healthy food. You will have youthful skin that does not need any surgical facelift.
Read more about other non-surgical facelift options here