Mustard Oil has a pungent taste and a distinctive smell. It is used in cooking in many parts of North and East India. Mustard oil is about 60% mono unsaturated fatty acids and 21% poly unsaturated fatty acids. Mustard is a very rich source of Vitamins A,C and K. It is also rich in flavinods and carotenes. The oil is packed with Vitamin B complex. It is rich in minerals like iron, calcium and magnesium. The oil has amazing benefits for the skin and hair due to its composition. Lets take a look at how is Mustard oil Good for hair.
How is Mustard Oil Good for Hair
1. Mustard Oil for Hair Growth – Since mustard oil is rich in Vitamin A which provides the necessary nutrients for hair growth, a massage with mustard oil helps in stimulating hair growth. Not just this, the iron and magnesium also helps improving the growth of the hair.
Also Read – 4 Best Oils to Darken Your Hair Naturally Here
2. Mustard Oil for Hair Texture improvement- The essential fatty acids in mustard oil help in nourishing and conditioning the hair. Apply mustard oil and leave it for two hours before a shampoo in order to get great hair texture.
3. Mustard Oil for Hair Conditioning– Using Mustard Oil as a hair massage oil will help you nourish your hair with all the essential nutrients that are present in Mustard Oil. You will notice softer and smoother hair after hair wash, without any need to condition your hair separately.
4. As a Carrier Oil – Pure mustard oil can be a wonderful carrier oil if you want to treat your hair to essential oils like tea tree oil or lavender oil to promote hair growth or get rid of dandruff.
5. To prevent Hair Loss – Mustard Oil coats every strand of hair when you massage your hair with it and it helps in strengthening the hair. When you use mustard oil before shampoo, you will notice lesser hair loss during your rinse.
How to Use Mustard Oil
Quick Oiling before Shampoo – If your hair turns very brittle just after shampooing, then you can use about a tsp of mustard oil and massage your scalp five minutes before shampooing. This will ensure that your hair does not become excessively dry.
Soak for a couple of hours before Shampoo- You could heat some mustard oil and massage your hair thoroughly with it. Once you are done coating your roots and the hair with the oil, take a towel, soak it in warm water, and wrap it around your hair. Leave for about half an hour. This will ensure that the roots open up and the oil nourishment reaches deep into the roots.
Overnight Oiling – Mustard Oil generates a lot of heat when you massage it, making it an excellent pain reliever. So if you have a tendency to catch a cold from overnight oiling, then mustard oil is a safe choice for you. You could heat a bit of the oil and massage it well into your hair. Cover with a shower cap or put a towel on your pillow to prevent staining from the oil. Leave it overnight and shampoo it the following morning. Your hair will become strong and shiny with repeated use.
So go ahead and try the mustard oil massage on your hair as per your convenience. Regular use will make your hair soft, shiny and lustrous!
Also Read – Pamper Your Skin and Hair with Extra Virgin Olive Oil Here