Fostering a new life within your own body is undoubtedly the most beautiful experience that you have during pregnancy. But what about those unexpected and ugly changes this phase is going to bring to you? Well, it is important to counter all physical effects of pregnancy in order to get back into your original shape and the ‘Mommy Makeover’ can help you immensely in your way.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
‘Mommy Makeover’ is basically a cosmetic procedure, which is intended for rejuvenating the breasts and abdominal area of a new mom. Pregnancy often leaves women with drooping and deflated breasts as well as bulging abdomen with loose skin and stretch marks. This latest technique simply combines several plastic surgery methods to address these post-pregnancy issues, thereby restoring and enhancing the body perfectly. In fact, ‘Mommy Makeover’ has become the hottest trend in the arena of plastic surgery. More and more women are opting for it in order to look their best after pregnancy and delivery of the baby with each passing day.
What Does It Include?
Well, this makeover can include a number of body contouring procedures based on the requirements of the patients. Following are the most common ones among them:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Lift (including or excluding augmentation)
- Aabdominoplasty / Tummy Tuck
- Mini Abdominoplasty / Mini Tummy Tuck
- Butt lift
How Does It Work?
- As said before, this makeover is a combination of various surgical methods. Hence, the steps vary widely depending upon the types of procedures. The entire task is also made easy by dividing it into two phases.
- In general, overly large breasts are reduced, while flat ones are again made perkier through implants. The midsection of the body is made stronger by toning and tightening the abdominal muscles as well as making the waist narrower. If there is loose skin with ugly stretch marks, it is eliminated too.
Also Read – Your Guide to Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Here
Women, who are done with the childbearing part and have good health should be considered as ideal candidates for the ‘Mommy Makeover’. They also must not have hypertension, diabetes, smoking or drinking habit, etc.
- You can’t expect immediate results. It might take 5 to 7 days to observe the initial outcomes, while 3 to 6 months is required to enjoy the final results.
- There will be pain, swelling and nausea for the first 48 hours of the treatment. It is better to seek help of a person to accomplish all your requirements.
- The drainage tubes should be removed by the doctor within 5 days.
- A surgical bra and an abdominal binder should be your best friends for the early days of your post-makeover period.
Stay away from exercises and strenuous activities at least for 6 weeks. However, the initial symptoms will subsidized within the first couple of weeks and you can resume your normal work by 3 to 4 weeks.
Risks and Side Effects
Here are some of the most common complications that can arise during or after a ‘Mommy Makeover’: acute pain, nausea, swelling, redness, bruising, infection, scarring, bleeding, seroma, anesthetic reactions, poor wound healing, cardiac issues, pulmonary problems, deep vein thrombosis, etc.
Also Read – Get Ageless Skin without Going under the Knife with Ultherapy Here
- Fixes issues like sagging, flat or oversized breasts.
- Makes the abdominal area tight and toned.
- Removes stretch marks and loose skin.
- Brings you back into the shape.
- Contour your body perfectly.
- Enhances your look significantly.
- Boosts your self-confidence.
Needless to say, the cost of ‘Mommy Makeover’ will vary largely depending upon the types and extent of procedures to be performed. An average cost should range strictly between $1,000 and $15,000.