- Health Benefits of the Mangosteen Fruit (Kokum)
- Flax Seeds vs Chia Seeds – Which Seed wins the Nutrition Battle?
- Natural Home Remedies For Tinea Versicolor Infection
- Black Spots on the Teeth: Causes and Home Remedies
- Sclerotherapy to Treat Varicose and Spider Veins
- Easy Cellulite Treatments to Get Cellulite Free Skin
Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream Review
BB creams were first launched in Korea and they are used to even out skin tone, hide blemishes, pigmentation and give you picture-perfect skin tone. Recently many Indian brands have also launched their BB creams and Maybelline was the first one to do that. I bought this cream as soon as they launched it. Read on to know more about this bb cream.
Price: Rs. 199
Suitable for all skin types and is easy to use. It freshens, brightens, hydrates, evens tone, conceals, smoothes, mattifies, protects with SPF 21/PA+++.
My take on Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream:
Maybelline clear glow bb cream comes in a tiny green plastic tube with a silver screw cap on top. The tube has a nozzle on top which dispenses small amount of product and it also prevents product wastage. The tube is very small and it fits in my palm easily. The quantity of the cream is very less as compared to the price.
There are three shades available and I’ll be reviewing the middle shaded which is “nude”. The shade suits my skin tone well and the texture is neither too thick not runny. You need a small quantity every time and it spreads easily. The bb cream hydrates my skin and thus I don’t apply moisturizer before using it as I’ve oily skin. This bb cream is apt for people with dry skin, normal and combination skin. If your skin is very oily then it’ll not suit you.
After application, the cream instantly brightens my skin and evens out tone. The bb cream doesn’t provide any coverage so it’s not for people who have problematic skin tone. It doesn’t hide or conceal blemishes and marks; you have to use a concealer for that. This bb cream is like any other tinted moisturizer, it doesn’t have any additional features. If you’re someone who doesn’t have any obvious marks on skin then you can use this bb cream for daily basis. But if you want coverage then this bb cream is not for you as this doesn’t provide any coverage. Once applied, it stays for around 4 hours and it also keeps my face hydrated and fresh for long hours.
Summing up the pros and cons:
- Easily available
- Travel friendly and cute packaging
- Evens out skin tone
- Hydrates skin
- Has SPF 21
- Spreads easily
- Stays for 4 hours
- Less quantity in the tube
- It’ll not suit people who have very oily skin
- Doesn’t conceal imperfections
- Doesn’t give any coverage
- Leaves a white caste when over-applied
Final Verdict: Maybelline clear glow bb cream is a tinted moisturizer which evens out skin tone without concealing imperfections. It brightens face and also contains SPF 21 in it but at this price, you can get many other tinted moisturizers. I am not very happy with and I would not recommend it to anyone.
Latest posts by Mansi Chauhan (see all)
- Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream Review - January 14, 2014
- Coloressence Pre Make Up Base Review - January 14, 2014
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow-Pomegranate Punk Review - January 14, 2014